Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wobbling

fly6

Reaction score
Just took my 22 ram 2500 to dealer because it wobbles when pulling my fifth wheel wen going over bumps. Sometimes you have to slow down to get it to stop. Wife not happy. Dealer said this is normal when you have the air suspension. Seems funny that a 2500 is for pulling and now they say it wont work with the optional suspension. Not a happy customer

jsalbre

Reaction score
The 2500 suspension has the springs (either coil or air) inboard of the frame rails, so it struggles with stability with a heavy bed load such as a 5th wheel. Most people pulling 5ht wheels use 3500s for this reason. The best fix is to add helper airbags which replace the bump stops and thus sit outside of the frame rails. These will increase side to side stability immensely.

Last edited:

rudyyoko

Reaction score
Just took my 22 ram 2500 to dealer because it wobbles when pulling my fifth wheel wen going over bumps. Sometimes you have to slow down to get it to stop. Wife not happy. Dealer said this is normal when you have the air suspension. Seems funny that a 2500 is for pulling and now they say it wont work with the optional suspension. Not a happy customer
The dealership is lying. I pull a 5th wheel with my 2500 with factory air bags. My ram does not wobble. For reference, I pull a 5th wheel with a 10.5k gvwr.
RV coming home Oct 2022.JPG

waveslayer

Reaction score
Install an upgraded rear track bar by thuren. Solved that very problem for me

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread