Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winch Mode – Raise Idle RPM

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I saw where Tazer can enable Winch Mode that can raise idle RPM to user-selected value between 1250 and 2000.

Can AlfOBD or JScan do that too?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
any reason normal high idle wouldn't work, assuming by your username, you have a 6.7.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
any reason normal high idle wouldn't work, assuming by your username, you have a 6.7.

His sig says 6.4.

Only issue with fast idle is that it disables when you touch the brake. I’m often holding the brake to winch.

I wonder if the voltage related idle up feature works with the brakes applied.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Unfortunately the factory fast idle that the diesels have won’t work on the gas. I’ve tried setting all of the settings in AlfaOBD that are related and while it all shows up on the dashboard it gives an error when you try to set it. I’m guessing it’s related to the transmission software, since chassis cab Hemi trucks with the AISIN transmission have high idle.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
For the folks that need it, generally you don't want to winch on just your parking brake as it can lock-up and refuse to disengage. Beyond that, having all 4 corners locked under brake is more stable.

That said, I've had good luck with having 4wd enabled, the truck in park, the parking brake on, and 2-4 chocks depending on the load. I carry chocks in the truck just for this use as I'm more comfortable winching from outside the vehicle where I've got the best view and am out of the way should anything go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread