Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whining noise

Joedodge1234

Reaction score
I just bought a gas 2019 crew cab 2500hd 6.4l hemi big horn with 33k miles on it. From 0-25 mph I hear a faint whining noise and almost like a ticking. I brought it to the dealer and the mechanic said it’s the truck running in 4cylinder mode. It’ll go away after I hit like 50mph but sometimes it does it when I sit in idle as well. This is the first dodge I’ve ever owned. Any ideas?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just bought a gas 2019 crew cab 2500hd 6.4l hemi big horn with 33k miles on it. From 0-25 mph I hear a faint whining noise and almost like a ticking. I brought it to the dealer and the mechanic said it’s the truck running in 4cylinder mode. It’ll go away after I hit like 50mph but sometimes it does it when I sit in idle as well. This is the first dodge I’ve ever owned. Any ideas?
How the hell could a whine sound like a tick….. also did you remove the passenger to confirm sound is still there?

Joedodge1234

Reaction score
I really don’t know how to explain it. It’s almost like a faint chug. And the mechanic said “yeah that’s it in 4 cylinders”

Joedodge1234

Reaction score
If there was a way for you to listen to it I’d have you but it’s just odd.

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
FWIW my 1500 sounded slightly like a diesel when it was running on 4 cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread