Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best Sirius XM offer lately? Is it still difficult to cancel?

dm6

Reaction score
I let the 6 month free trial lapse and then keep getting all of the emails and offers in the mail. First, it was 3 free months. Now it is 12 months for $6 per month. I don't really care that much about it, especially not, but in the spring and summer I will be using the truck more for trips and it is kind of nice. Seems like it might be worth it for that price, but I am concerned about the stories I have read with people trying to cancel it. Is it still difficult to cancel? The emails I got says there is now an online method to cancel.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Call Sirius and 'threaten' to cancel. They always have some deal running. Usually it's 6 or 12 months for $5/month. Once off the phone with them if you renew, put an appointment in your calendar for 1 week before it expires and call them again.
I've been a Sirius/XM customer for 7 years now and have never paid full price for it.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Also, don't use the online interface, always call them. The Customer Service reps get a commission for the 'sale' so they are usually willing to just go straight to the best deal offered.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
$7/month for 12 months is the best I've gotten. easy to cancel.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I looked in my email. As of 4 hours ago, they are currently running a deal for $5/month for 12 months with 6 months of free Apple Music.

EDIT: The Apple Music is taken by a code provided by Sirius/XM. If you just want the Sirius for 12 months, it looks like you would just skip activating the Apple Music with the code and it will expire.

dm6

Reaction score
And now I got the email for $5 a month, down $1 from the one a couple weeks ago. Pretty soon they will be offering to pay me to keep it!

jadmt

Reaction score
And now I got the email for $5 a month, down $1 from the one a couple weeks ago. Pretty soon they will be offering to pay me to keep it!
I just did that offer and they wanted to add various tax with a final cost of $72 and I said no the offer says $5 a month for a year so should be $60. they said they could not do that but ultimately said they would give me one free month and $66 for the other 11. They were actually pretty easy to deal with. I just need to remember to cancel before the year is up or they charge regular rate. it is worth it to me to pay $66 for a year and in reality even the $72 but I was being tight lol.

DougB

Reaction score
Best I’ve ever seen over the past few years was 3 years for $99. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them about long term plans.

jadmt

Reaction score
Best I’ve ever seen over the past few years was 3 years for $99. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them about long term plans.
they told me they no longer did that but it would be a great deal if you can get it.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I've always been able to get some variant of the $5/month plan. It's usually 2 or 3 levels deep in their offers, but it's always there.

DougB

Reaction score
they told me they no longer did that but it would be a great deal if you can get it.
Bummer.

I'm fortunate to have bought a lifetime sub 15 yrs ago on a portable radio. After the lawsuit settlement I can now transfer it to the truck once its trial expires. I won't get the full features that the trial had but no biggie.

I've always been able to get some variant of the $5/month plan. It's usually 2 or 3 levels deep in their offers, but it's always there.
That sounds like the best deal then. Just keep threatening to cancel every 6-12 months.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Bummer.

I'm fortunate to have bought a lifetime sub 15 yrs ago on a portable radio. After the lawsuit settlement I can now transfer it to the truck once its trial expires. I won't get the full features that the trial had but no biggie.

That sounds like the best deal then. Just keep threatening to cancel every 6-12 months.
Yeah, that's what I do. Have a reminder n my phone about a week before it renews to call them. That said, I did forget one time and the payment went through for the first month at full price. When I called to cancel, I told them I wanted to 'cancel' and they went through the spiel. Ended u getting the $5/month deal again and they just applied that payment and charged me the difference. Their customer service is one of the few I deal with that I actually don't dread calling.

dm6

Reaction score
The latest offer I just got in the mail now was for $5 a month for a year, free upgrade to platinum plan, and a free echo dot! lol

mkmsr

Reaction score
I've cancelled a few times over the years, was never very difficult but they always offered a deal. Wish i had bought the lifetime membership when it was offered.
I currently have the only music plan on both my work and personal truck. I'll never listen to commercial radio again!!

mcarey

Reaction score
I just got done dealing with them for my annual renewal. I always get the premium one for Howard and sports.

They came down to 8.99/mo for the year. With the taxes and fees it ends up being 11.59 a month. About a dollar a month more than I paid last year doing the same thing.

I'm fine with that cost.

Users who are viewing this thread