Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What good is a warranty....

mboudoin

Reaction score
I sit here pondering what good is a warranty on these trucks if since May I have been having nothing but fuel/emission related issues that the dealership techs fine hard to troubleshoot. In the last 7 weeks one of the largest dealerships over in Baton Rouge, LA have pretty much completely replaced the whole fuel system and emission chasing a never-ending line of codes because they simply don't know how to isolate the issues. I know FCA has spent in excess of 10K just chasing it with no positive results. At this point when I do get the truck back the 1st place I am heading is to a local diesel specialty shop to have the dealership work checked and take the next steps. So now it comes down to if you want to keep your warranty it will take months to repair or simply take it to a local shop and get it resolved with a week on my own dime.

Mark

BikePilot

Reaction score
We have had similar challenges with the wife's diesel jeep. It's under warranty but the dealer is totally incompetent to actually fix anything. Just dropped it off again today for the third time this month. We are replacing it soon and fca products are off the table due to the combination of lousy dealer experience and frequent need of it. Despite reputation to the contrary my land rover has been almost totally trouble free, and the dealer experience is worlds better.

Users who are viewing this thread