Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Leak - front passenger foot well

polcat

Reaction score
I am at my wit's end! I have a water leak coming from the front passenger foot well. I pulled back the carpeting and the "rubber and foam" flap that lies against the metal in the foot well. This is not the cab lights, trust me, I know since I've already dealt with leaky cab lights. Water is not coming down the passenger A-pillar and I cannot find any wet spots along the inside of the glass, even with the passenger A-pillar trim removed. The picture is taken looking up into the foot well, kinda beneath the dash. The red arrow shows the direction of water. For reference, the wiring harness is attached to the right side of the body. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Water_Leak.JPG
    Water_Leak.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 24

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am at my wit's end! I have a water leak coming from the front passenger foot well. I pulled back the carpeting and the "rubber and foam" flap that lies against the metal in the foot well. This is not the cab lights, trust me, I know since I've already dealt with leaky cab lights. Water is not coming down the passenger A-pillar and I cannot find any wet spots along the inside of the glass, even with the passenger A-pillar trim removed. The picture is taken looking up into the foot well, kinda beneath the dash. The red arrow shows the direction of water. For reference, the wiring harness is attached to the right side of the body. Anyone have any suggestions?
A/C drain? Heater box intake?

polcat

Reaction score
Solid recommendations. Truck is not running (so not heater core) and the rain we've had has been constant, but light. Water is not pooling by the HVAC intake and that area is in fact relatively dry, so that rules out the drain flaps from being stuck or filled with debris. The truck does not have a sunroof, so that's not the issue. I'm thinking it's either the lower corner windshield seal that has gone bad or the body seam in that same area.

Riddick

Reaction score
Could it be the radio antenna? I had an older f-150 that was leaking from the a pillar and it was the gasket for the antenna.

polcat

Reaction score
Could it be the radio antenna? I had an older f-150 that was leaking from the a pillar and it was the gasket for the antenna.
I don't think so since I can't find any trace of water in or dripping down the A-pillar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread