Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vehicle options

MEGA HO

Reaction score
It probably will. A PW compared to a regular 2500 got a dismal payload mostly due to its offroad suspension, and low payload means lower towing weight as well.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
If it does, it will be very minimal. The PW has a lot different components than the standard HDs. I have the OR package and my payload and towing is what I'd have expected.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Every option you add takes away from the payload. In general, A limited trim is going to have one of the lowest payload out of all of the 2500's

Last edited:

hunterjoe

Reaction score
What is your payload and towing number if you don't mind me asking
And if you compare this to 2,690/16,310 standard from the website you'll see that I didn't lose much on payload and gained(?) a couple hundred in towing.
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 10.01.10 AM.png

jadmt

Reaction score
if you have the VIN you can see your vehicles towing and payload. My level 1 2020 Power Wagon is at the higher end for Power Wagons in fact I have not actually seen one higher that was not a Tradesman with PW package and pretty dismal numbers for a HD truck offroad capable or not.....the payload matches what my door jam sticker says as well.Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.45.24 AM.png

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Don't think the rear affects payload, just towing. I think you lose somewhere around 2k in towing is all. And no, it won't be near the PW numbers. Should still be near 14k.

JAX58

Reaction score
Don't think the rear affects payload, just towing. I think you lose somewhere around 2k in towing is all. And no, it won't be near the PW numbers. Should still be near 14k.
That is what I thought figured payload maybe 2400lbs and tow was 14k. My trailer is 7000lbs

hunterjoe

Reaction score
That is what I thought figured payload maybe 2400lbs and tow was 14k. My trailer is 7000lbs
Mega cab or Crew and CTD or Hemi? Those things matter. Mine is a Hemi. If you have a CTD you won't be at 2,400 on a 2500 unfortunately. But your trailer won't be an issue.

JAX58

Reaction score
if you have the VIN you can see your vehicles towing and payload. My level 1 2020 Power Wagon is at the higher end for Power Wagons in fact I have not actually seen one higher that was not a Tradesman with PW package and pretty dismal numbers for a HD truck offroad capable or not.....the payload matches what my door jam sticker says as well.View attachment 37456
Don't have the Vin yet as I live in Canada and things seem to be different up here than in the US same with the website options

JAX58

Reaction score
Mega cab or Crew and CTD or Hemi? Those things matter. Mine is a Hemi. If you have a CTD you won't be at 2,400 on a 2500 unfortunately. But your trailer won't be an issue.
Went with the hemi and crew cab. Got to get the last of the hemi's as they will not be making them anymore

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Went with the hemi and crew cab. Got to get the last of the hemi's as they will not be making them anymore
Your payload will be somewhere around 2700 I'm guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread