Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB full of media

Texasram1

Reaction score
Can I just plug a USB drive full of music into my truck and it will play the songs? What format files will it accept, .mp3, .m4a?

Reaction score
It should accept most formats, but playlists were a pain. I ended up using Winamp to make working playlists, but it was a bit of a chore to manually do everything. Make sure file names are formatted correctly and without special characters, since that proved to be an issue when I was first rebuilding things on my flash drive.

I did notice one of my Sandisk Cruzer drives didnt jive with the system, but my newer 128gb Sandisk seems fine, as well as all the Verbatim drives I tried.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It should accept most formats, but playlists were a pain. I ended up using Winamp to make working playlists, but it was a bit of a chore to manually do everything. Make sure file names are formatted correctly and without special characters, since that proved to be an issue when I was first rebuilding things on my flash drive.

I did notice one of my Sandisk Cruzer drives didnt jive with the system, but my newer 128gb Sandisk seems fine, as well as all the Verbatim drives I tried.
You can just put songs in separate folders for easy playlists

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Might try doing a full format on that one to see if it's the claimed size. There are tons of counterfeits on Amazon.

There's a sandisk test utility out there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread