Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB drive issues on uconnect5. Can't be that hard to get it right, can it?

DrTron

Reaction score
Other than having your IPhone/Android Phone with Music connected via Car Play, what other methods are available?
Can't think of much. My trusty iPod Classic is sadly not supported anymore in Uconnect5. It might work with newer iPods, though. At least RamCare told me that the iPod touch should work.

jebruns

Reaction score
My USB Music Drive worked flawlessly with 40 MP3 songs on it. I have the 2022 8" Uconnect5 System. I removed the USB Drive from the UConnect5 System and added a couple songs to it. When I returned the USB Drive to the UConnect5 System the 2 added songs were not recognized by the UConnect5 System. I returned the USB Drive to my laptop and the songs played accordingly.
When you first put in a USB drive, the system indexes it and writes the info to the drive. I think it is the "lost.dir" folder. If you erase that and add more songs, it should recognize them.
You mentioned USB's as a weak link for the UConnect5 System, because of the possibility that not to many people use them anymore. Other than having your IPhone/Android Phone with Music connected via Car Play, what other methods are available?
Bluetooth from your phone, other apps through Android Auto, XM radio. When I went through this for my wife's Pacifica, I posted about in some Pacifica forums. I was surprised to read all the replys saying "I've never used a USB drive in mine."

Users who are viewing this thread