Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded to 12 inch, screen goes blank

BGHOOK

Reaction score
I swapped a 2021 2500 Tradesman from the 5" screen to the 12" screen. I have all the proper harnesses and adapters, and have made the proper adjustments in the BCM with AlfaOBD. The screen works properly for a little while after a global reset but after a few sleep cycles it will be blank. The backup camera still works. All the hard buttons still work. It plays the radio. The screen is just blank. It does flash for a split second as you move the shifter between gears. Basically it flashes on when the shifter is between positions. Any ideas?

CFE

Reaction score
I swapped a 2021 2500 Tradesman from the 5" screen to the 12" screen. I have all the proper harnesses and adapters, and have made the proper adjustments in the BCM with AlfaOBD. The screen works properly for a little while after a global reset but after a few sleep cycles it will be blank. The backup camera still works. All the hard buttons still work. It plays the radio. The screen is just blank. It does flash for a split second as you move the shifter between gears. Basically it flashes on when the shifter is between positions. Any ideas?
It ain't got no gas in it.

sorry - had to, free bump in hopes someone can help.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Sounds like perhaps you got a bad unit, or your BCM software version may be fighting your head unit software version. I'd reach out to whoever you bought the unit and harness from to see what they recommend.

Josemark

Reaction score
Did you buy your unit from Infotainment?
Thinking of doing the same conversion on my 21 2500 Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread