Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on my Heated Seats Issue

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
So question. Mine do eventually get warm. How fast does yours warm up. I find when I pre warm the truck my seats are ice. It takes a good couple of minutes to 10minutes before I can actually feel them. By then the truck is warmed up.
-20C, remote start, in the cab within five min. A min to belt up, punch the start/stop button and scan the gauges (I can definitely feel the heat). Pull away and within two min, I'll be selecting the low heat setting cuz me GM is getting danged hot!

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
-20C, remote start, in the cab within five min. A min to belt up, punch the start/stop button and scan the gauges (I can definitely feel the heat). Pull away and within two min, I'll be selecting the low heat setting cuz me GM is getting danged hot!
GM.....?I thought you had a RAM . Bummer for you! What a pain in the @$$ :p

CurtJ

Reaction score
Well, here is the final post about the seats. The dealership has replaced everything you can replace and there is really no difference at all. The tech was great and explained everything to me and I understood what he was saying. He also enlightened me and told me that after 2014 on seating with cloth, the elements are now encased in foam and have less amperage to them because there were several issues of cloth seats catching fire and FCA made the change. There is no way to up the amps to the module. If one tried too it would definitely void the warranty!
Being a retired Skilled Tradesman I understood what he was saying. He felt bad and apologized for them not being like my old truck. He did tell me the leather surfaces are usually hotter than cloth because the elements are against the leather and not encased in foam because the leather can withstand the heat.
None the less, I appreciated him for showing me everything and explaining it well.
I will deal with the seats “taking the chill off” and leave them as is. Things could be worse for sure!!!!
I hope this post helps anyone that may wonder why the seats don’t seem HOT.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Well, here is the final post about the seats. The dealership has replaced everything you can replace and there is really no difference at all. The tech was great and explained everything to me and I understood what he was saying. He also enlightened me and told me that after 2014 on seating with cloth, the elements are now encased in foam and have less amperage to them because there were several issues of cloth seats catching fire and FCA made the change. There is no way to up the amps to the module. If one tried too it would definitely void the warranty!
Being a retired Skilled Tradesman I understood what he was saying. He felt bad and apologized for them not being like my old truck. He did tell me the leather surfaces are usually hotter than cloth because the elements are against the leather and not encased in foam because the leather can withstand the heat.
None the less, I appreciated him for showing me everything and explaining it well.
I will deal with the seats “taking the chill off” and leave them as is. Things could be worse for sure!!!!

Thanks for the detailed update. My seats are leather, so your explanation makes sense why I have no complaints about the heat.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
He also enlightened me and told me that after 2014 on seating with cloth, the elements are now encased in foam and have less amperage to them because there were several issues of cloth seats catching fire and FCA made the change.
Hmm... the boss pilots a 16 Grand Caravan with cloth seats. Heated seat settings are hi or lo. On hi, they get quite hot. No fires yet...

wbaldwin67

Reaction score
I have exact same issue with my 2022 RAM 3500 diesel leather seats. Dealership is irritated and service representative repeatedly on phone telling me nothing can do and had to stop him there and explain they are Not getting up to over 100 and lucky if about 80. Back at dealership again to have them look at them. Steering wheel is hot, seats Luke warm even on highest setting when it use to cook me. Frustrating because only one year old and I heard tech when he was at truck and I was at counter saying to rep yes seats only JUST get warm. So he knew it wasn't fixed and marked paperwork on last service they got up to temperature and tested both seats.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello,
We would like to offer assistance with your concern. Please send us a private message with your VIN and details of your most recent dealership appointment, to get started.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread