Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Issues w/CarPlay After Update

mmihalek

Reaction score
A few months ago my Uconnect 12 in my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie was updated to fix the camera recall. Ever since then I’ve had issues with any of the maps on CarPlay (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps) becoming fuzzy while driving. It’s like when you are streaming a movie and your bandwidth becomes too low and the movie pixilates.

The strange thing is, I can swipe the screen over to the non-CarPlay maps and back to Waze and everything clears up for awhile. But it will get fuzzy again.

Anyone else having this issue? I have an appointment with the dealer to look at that tomorrow along with my heated steering wheel that suddenly stopped working.

Uconnect Build Number is FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD
Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max w/iOS 17.2.1IMG_8727.jpeg

rfullen280

Reaction score
That is weird. Wireless carplay uses Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi connection - Wireless CarPlay uses both the Bluetooth connection and a closed WiFi network to communicate with the phone. This allows both sufficient bandwidth for data exchange (WiFi) and sufficient control protocols to exchange commands with your phone (Bluetooth).

Reset/remove them from each other, try again...?

mmihalek

Reaction score
Yes, I’ve done that, per the instructions from Uconnect support. Also removed Waze and downloaded it again.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve had that happen twice on my 8.4 w/out nav. Once it was fixed by a phone reset of Waze and once by resetting the 8.4. Not sure if it’s a phone or 8.4 issue.

It’s only happened on very cold mornings when the truck is cold soaked. I’ve noticed the 8.4 takes a bit to warm up and operate at normal speed when it’s cold soaked.

mmihalek

Reaction score
That could be. I brought it to the dealer this morning, and of course it didn’t act up the entire time. I have plenty of videos on it, so I was able to show the service writer what it was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread