Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 5 drops FM presets / Theme

Riddick

Reaction score
I have a 2022 with the 8.4 non-nav head unit. A few weeks ago I noticed all of my FM presets dropped and thought it was a glitch. I went in and set everything back up and also changed my theme. Everything was working fine and yesterday I lost all of my FM presets and my theme went back to the original. Everything else was saved in my profile, curious if anyone else has experienced this? My truck has 600 miles on it and I have already performed a hard reset for XM related issues and now I have lost my presets twice.

I am holding off on taking it to the dealer since so many people are reporting issues with their systems. I want to make ure FCA releases a good software version before I take it in...... assuming its a software issue. Also, I have my home Wi-fi hooked up but the system has not performed a OTA update.

Thedaran

Reaction score
I have a 2022 with the 8.4 non-nav head unit. A few weeks ago I noticed all of my FM presets dropped and thought it was a glitch. I went in and set everything back up and also changed my theme. Everything was working fine and yesterday I lost all of my FM presets and my theme went back to the original. Everything else was saved in my profile, curious if anyone else has experienced this? My truck has 600 miles on it and I have already performed a hard reset for XM related issues and now I have lost my presets twice.

I am holding off on taking it to the dealer since so many people are reporting issues with their systems. I want to make ure FCA releases a good software version before I take it in...... assuming its a software issue. Also, I have my home Wi-fi hooked up but the system has not performed a OTA update.
My presets reset within the past week. Also, I have not been able to find the option to connect to my home wifi. Mind sharing which menu option this is under?

Riddick

Reaction score
My presets reset within the past week. Also, I have not been able to find the option to connect to my home wifi. Mind sharing which menu option this is under?
From main screen select vehicle on the bottom of screen. Scroll down and select software updates, from here you should be able to search for your local wifi connections.

fastfreddy

Reaction score
I also have the 8.4 without nav. My presets have been wiped out numerous times. I've given up adding them back until I get a software update.

Riddick

Reaction score
I also have the 8.4 without nav. My presets have been wiped out numerous times. I've given up adding them back until I get a software update.
I agree, after yesterday I do not plan on adding them back.

Thanks for posting, it sounds like most of us are anxiously waiting for the new software.

js4024

Reaction score

They did dump a software update out there, perhaps that is the issue??? I thought that it would only update when wifi was available but I was incorrect. I was driving and had stopped by a friends business and it said update in progress. I shut it off, still said update in progress, got back in an hour later and all was back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread