Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5.0 screen glitching/Change out options

MaxSpeed

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been a while since I've posted but I'm having issues with the infotainment in my 2015 2500 Tradesman. It's the 5" screen which I assume means that it's Uconnect 5.0 but the naming is confusing so I'm not positive. The volume knob only works intermittently and the screen has been freezing up. It's still semi-functional right now but I'm curious if anyone has retrofitted one of the 8.4" screens to fit. Without navigation and automatic climate control, it doesn't seem like it'd be a huge hassle. 5.0 isn't great to start with so if there's a way I can upgrade instead of just replacing it that would be sweet. Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been a while since I've posted but I'm having issues with the infotainment in my 2015 2500 Tradesman. It's the 5" screen which I assume means that it's Uconnect 5.0 but the naming is confusing so I'm not positive. The volume knob only works intermittently and the screen has been freezing up. It's still semi-functional right now but I'm curious if anyone has retrofitted one of the 8.4" screens to fit. Without navigation and automatic climate control, it doesn't seem like it'd be a huge hassle. 5.0 isn't great to start with so if there's a way I can upgrade instead of just replacing it that would be sweet. Thanks
You do not have uconnect 5 you have a 5” uconnect

@Jimmy07 can lead you in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread