Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TTPMS

TomY

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram 2500 with factory tow package, UCONNECT 12" feature shows trailer brake options but I can't find the trailer tire monitoring option, can I add this feature. Or do I have to go aftermarket. TIA

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
TTPMS is an option. We did figure out how to add.

Keep in mind the factory doesn't offer temperature, or any sort of disconnect feature (I tow doubles) so you may still want to go aftermarket.

After adding it to my truck, I decided to just stick with my existing Tireminder setup.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Same here, lack of temperature monitoring was a deal breaker for me. Definitely not worth the $500 option when Amazon is full of monitors that will provide better options.

I'd consider if they were doing what Chevy/GMC has.

TomY

Reaction score
TTPMS is an option. We did figure out how to add.

Keep in mind the factory doesn't offer temperature, or any sort of disconnect feature (I tow doubles) so you may still want to go aftermarket.

After adding it to my truck, I decided to just stick with my existing Tireminder setup.
I think the diagram is behind my spare on the frame?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the diagram is behind my spare on the frame?

What?

Please look at the first post in the thread I linked.

It has a list of ALL the parts required.

You would also need an AlfaOBD setup to code the settings.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Am i seeing this correctly? The sensors just screw on the stems? I have 4 dual axle trailers and if thats how these work i am getting them much better than putting the sensors and stems in the tires for all 12 tires lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Am i seeing this correctly? The sensors just screw on the stems? I have 4 dual axle trailers and if thats how these work i am getting them much better than putting the sensors and stems in the tires for all 12 tires lol

All the aftermarket setups offer either in-stem or add-on.

My TireMinder smart app kit came with screw on sensors.

Metal stems are recommended, but not required for pressures up to 80PSI.

You also need to use either brass or aluminum sensors to match your stems to avoid galvanic corrosion.

I like the TireMinder because of the App on my phone (they have dedicated screen models too) and it came with a repeater - I mounted midship my 5th wheel and powered from a marker light to pick up the sensors on the boat trailer tires. However, they are not flow through sensors so if you air up a lot, check out their flow through adapters or look to one of the other systems. The other two popular systems are TST and EEZ Tire. I wish I know if all the sensors were compatible (they're all 433.92MHZ) but I can't say with certainty.

Users who are viewing this thread