Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck "jerky" after larger tires installed

RAMNC76

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues after installing larger tires. I went from stock 285/60/20's to 35x12.50-20. When cruising, truck jerks and is really annoying. I have NOT had the speedo calibrated since the tire change. Could that be an issue? It honestly didn't change but maybe 1 mph. Any suggestions. Truck is a 2019 2500 CCCB CTD 4x4. Thanks in advance!!

RAMNC76

Reaction score
While driving, it's while in forward motion. Not side to side. Almost as if the converter is locking/unlocking.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I went to 35's on my 2016 and have no issues at all. I did correct the speedometer with alfaOBD though. You might just be cruising right at a shift point now? Maybe try driving in tow/haul mode and see if it acts differently.

RAMNC76

Reaction score
I went to 35's on my 2016 and have no issues at all. I did correct the speedometer with alfaOBD though. You might just be cruising right at a shift point now? Maybe try driving in tow/haul mode and see if it acts differently.

I have tried in tow/haul mode. Still acts the same way. It is more noticeable between 45-60 mph.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I ran a few days with 37s before doing speedo calibration. Mine didn't surge or do any jerking.

Users who are viewing this thread