Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission initially slipped when cold.

AaronG

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 2500 CTD, It is about 1 year old and has 11k on it. I tow a light (2-6k ) trailer with it about 25% of the time and almost all of the miles on it are highway. I noticed a couple days ago that after the truck was started cold (Florida, so ambient temps are 80 degrees) the truck initially was shifting very very hard under light throttle while traveling through my neighborhood at 10-25mph. It was back to normal within 1/4 mile. Tonight, after I backed out of my driveway and engaged drive, the truck seemed as if it was in neutral. It did this for about 2-5 seconds, and then was back to normal. No CEL.

I am driving the truck with a trailer from FL to PA in about 10 days. Im a little hesitant now. Are either of these common problems? I love the way the truck looks and normally drives, but I must say between this, the numerous recalls and the barely adequate air conditioning, I'm starting to have my doubts.

AaronG

Reaction score
Well apparently not. I got it back from the dealer today. They cleared the code, drove it 18 miles and did something called a powertrain verification test and conculded it didn't need anything. Now I have it back with a 1100 mile drive this weekend. I suspect this story isn't quite finished yet. I hope I am wrong.

AaronG

Reaction score
Well it's been a few weeks and a couple thousand miles and the truck drives and shifts perfectly. I guess it did need some kind of software update.

AaronG

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. CE light is on again. Same code. Another trip to dealer. With all the recalls and now the second trip ove4r the transmission, it seems like my truck misses its home or something.

Users who are viewing this thread