Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer TPMS Sensors

Jeeper78

Reaction score
Hi all. Just took delivery of a factory order 2021 3500 DRW. I optioned for the trailer TPMS. Does anyone know if the actual sensors that go in the trailer tires are supposed to come with the truck? Or do you have to buy them separate?

Nick

Reaction score
Check your bins under the mat on the back seat floor . Should be in there.

noizy21

Reaction score
Yes, they should come with the truck if that's an option on the sticker. I just took delivery on mine a few weeks ago and they were in the back seat with my other accessories like my hitch adapter and AUX wiring. Easiest thing to do would be to talk to you dealer.

Jeeper78

Reaction score
Yes, they should come with the truck if that's an option on the sticker. I just took delivery on mine a few weeks ago and they were in the back seat with my other accessories like my hitch adapter and AUX wiring. Easiest thing to do would be to talk to you dealer.
Did the sticker say sensors specifically? Mine has Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System $345. Just trying to clarify so I can talk to my dealer.

noizy21

Reaction score
Did the sticker say sensors specifically? Mine has Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System $345. Just trying to clarify so I can talk to my dealer.

All my sticker said was "Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring" for $345. Last item on the sticker. It doesn't mention the sensors specifically but every truck I test drove that had that feature installed from the factory had the sensors in the back seat. That's how I knew to look for it when I received my truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The option comes with the kit with 4 sensors 68433188AA .

Make the dealer find them if you've gone through the truck and they're missing.

You should also have a 2.5" to 2" receiver reducer. Did you look inside that?

Frank

Reaction score

I had the same question and the dealership wasn't sure. Neither was I because looking at the cost of ordering 4 sensors, $345 is cheap to have the system turned on too. But yes, per Ram you get 4 sensors. Mine were in the rear underseat storage.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest cost single item in that $345 option is the 4-sensor kit.

The other parts are retail (discounted) around $150 total

PARTS REQUIRED TO ADD TTPMS to 2019+ RAM HD TRUCKS:
  • TTPMS bumper receiver: 68375990AC (Avg cost ~$70)
  • TIM headliner module: 68404893AB (Avg cost ~$70)
  • TIM Pigtail cable: 68412666AA (Avg cost ~$9)
  • The kit for the TPMS sensors (4) for trailer wheels is 68433188AA (best price I've seen posted not too far back in the thread @ $146)
    • Optional single sensors available as part #68375992AA

Frank

Reaction score
The biggest cost single item in that $345 option is the 4-sensor kit.

The other parts are retail (discounted) around $150 total

PARTS REQUIRED TO ADD TTPMS to 2019+ RAM HD TRUCKS:
  • TTPMS bumper receiver: 68375990AC (Avg cost ~$70)
  • TIM headliner module: 68404893AB (Avg cost ~$70)
  • TIM Pigtail cable: 68412666AA (Avg cost ~$9)
  • The kit for the TPMS sensors (4) for trailer wheels is 68433188AA (best price I've seen posted not too far back in the thread @ $146)
    • Optional single sensors available as part #68375992AA
I'm going based on the Mopar Catalog since we are comparing to what Ram charges for the option - one would assume FCA coordinates those prices. List price on 1 sensor is $78.45 * 4 = $313.80. $345 seemed kind of low to include additional hardware and the very expensive privilege of having a sales code enabled.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say is that that's the price the TTPMS option has been since available and everyone that ordered it from the factory has received the sensors.

If you add up the discounted prices for the parts listed, which many of us have added to our trucks, it's very close to the option price.

housedrx

Reaction score
Look in your owners manual....it states the system comes with 4 sensors

whitexc

Reaction score
Wish.......I could program my Flagstaff sensors to work with the new truck when it comes. Just a wish....not really necessary but would be a nice feature.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your bins under the mat on the back seat floor . Should be in there.

The option comes with the kit with 4 sensors 68433188AA .

Make the dealer find them if you've gone through the truck and they're missing.

You should also have a 2.5" to 2" receiver reducer. Did you look inside that?

Look in your owners manual....it states the system comes with 4 sensors

Schh3rotts

Reaction score
Mine weren't in my truck upon delivery, but I notified dealer and they have ordered them for me (no addition charge because they should have been with the truck).

JG
2020 3500 Laramie 4x4 8' Cummins/Aisin/4.10 DRW

ID1890

Reaction score
Dealer gave me my TPMS sensors in a bag with manuals and spare key fob. Grille cover (cold weather package, 2.5" to 2" reducer sleeve and tailgate plug were in the left rear under seat bin.

Users who are viewing this thread