Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tpms

Petek

Reaction score
tpms
Just purchased a 2021 RAM 1500 with TPMS factory installed. But sensors are not installed. Will my built in system work with Tire Minder sensors (TM55c-B)?

steve49

Reaction score
Don't believe so, read here

You'll need Mopar trailer tire sensors 68433188AA, Wheeler Fleet Solutions seems to be the cheapest.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
RE: Trailer TPMS

No they won't. I was not able to pair my Tireminder sensors. There's more to just a mataching frequency (433Mhz), they have to have an ID code that is recognized by the truck.

CdnHO

Reaction score
tpms
Just purchased a 2021 RAM 1500 with TPMS factory installed. But sensors are not installed. Will my built in system work with Tire Minder sensors (TM55c-B)?
When you get the factory TPMS, doesn't the truck come with four sensors? According the Owner's Manual it does. Don't have my truck yet so cannot check.

Last edited:

Phil T

Reaction score
Yes the sensors are included. They should be in the storage area under the back seat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank

Reaction score
I have a question on what OP's next steps are because I am in the same boat. Purchased with the Trailer TPMS option, have the 4 they included in hand, just need them installed and linked.

I read the 53 page megathread and a lot seemed geared towards adding the option so discussion of AlfaODB to add sales code. But I also saw a mention of using an ELM327 instead of the MX/MX+. My local tire shop has AlfaODB on a tablet and said they could use it to link them, but I don't have a bypass harness installed and I don't know if they are aware that is required on 18+ models. If I have the factory option, does Ram require going that deep to just link and position the sensors or will I be fine at the tire shop? I have 3 trailers I want to put the sensors in and I don't want to have to keep going back to the dealer every time for something this simple.

steve49

Reaction score
If your truck came with the trailer tire TPMS system, you don't need alphOBD to set up, its already setup in the truck computer system. Just have to go into Uconnect settings, trailer settings and setup the trailer name, link the tires after sensors installed, air pressure setting etc. The 53 pages was in regard to us who didn't have the trailer tire system and wanted to add it.

CdnHO

Reaction score
If you ordered the truck with the system then you should be all set. Should not require the sales code. Just a matter of pairing them with the truck. Your four sensors should have the installation and pairing directions with them. PM me your email if you need the installation instructions in PDF.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
tpms
I'm making the assumption that you're referring to the Trailer TPMS, as I can't see how the truck TPMS wouldn't have been installed on a 2021.

I don't believe your system on your 1500 would be any different than that on the HDs, so you'd need to swap your Tire Minder sensors over to the Mopar ones that should have been included with your truck.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I noticed that the Trailer TPMS is a lot less money in Canada than in the US. Can anyone in Canada confirm the four trailer sensors are in the truck on delivery? Just seems strange with the cost difference.

Phil T

Reaction score
They will be with the truck when you order the ttpms package

Phil T

Reaction score
If they aren't, you were robbed.

CdnHO

Reaction score
If they aren't, you were robbed.

I don't have the truck yet. Just wondered since the Canadian price was so much lower than it is in the US. Thought maybe the trucks or Canada didn't include the sensors. Hoping a Canadian will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread