Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

WYRam

Reaction score
I've decided to go aftermarket, I just bought these- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP55QF9
If anyone wants to buy the factory ones, brand new sealed package I'll sell for $125 shipped and ship them out tomorrow.
I will take them.
I've decided to go aftermarket, I just bought these- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP55QF9
If anyone wants to buy the factory ones, brand new sealed package I'll sell for $125 shipped and ship them out tomorrow.
PM sent Zane

lovegolf44

Reaction score
It's been posted several times through the thread and initially summarized by @thestuarts here.

Since we can't seem to get the OP or a mod to post the part numbers in the first post, here they are again:

PARTS REQUIRED TO ADD TTPMS to 2019+ RAM HD TRUCKS

TTPMS bumper receiver: 68375990AC (Avg cost ~$70)
TIM headliner module: 68404893AB (Avg cost ~$70)
TIM Pigtail cable: 68412666aa (Avg cost ~$9)
The kit for the TPMS sensors (4) for trailer wheels is 68433188AA (best price I've seen posted not too far back in the thread @ $146)

Most of these parts are currently out of stock everywhere thanks to this thread.

You will need to install the hard parts. @Phil T excellent instructions pdf here.

You will need to have the sales code option enabled by the dealer (unlikely) or use AlphaOBD, an ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 reader, and a security bypass cable (KaodTECH recommended) to recode the BCM. There's a giant AlphOBD thread here.

Turning on the TTPMS option in the EVIC thanks to @g00fy : https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer.232/post-20366

View attachment 4467

For the 2019 trucks, you will need to use the Windows version and select the MY2020 under advanced - also thanks to @g00fy

He also suggested enabling "P/T chassis net: TTPM" Which I also did. Unsure if this matters but it didn't cause any problems I'm aware of. The TTPMS setup docs may indicate that this is necessary:
"The TTPM sends the information to the TIM via the Controller Area Network-Chassis (CAN-C) to be transmitted to the IPC."

Outstanding Brutal, thanks!

craiglud

Reaction score

I have had sensors installed in the trailer wheels and they can sometimes be a pain to work with. I like this idea of the screw on sensors. Let us know how that works.

craiglud

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on Jan 5th and it was supposed to have the TTPMS. I found out later that it was not included but kept the order going. I finally was able to pick up the truck on Friday May 8th! I went ahead and ordered the tire minder system then happened to stop by here again.

I already have the AlphaODB for the last truck so I'll be trying to source these parts and get this going! I almost backed out on my truck because of this ordeal but figured it would be sorted out some way somehow :)

Thanks to those who figured this out.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on Jan 5th and it was supposed to have the TTPMS. I found out later that it was not included but kept the order going.

Thanks to those who figured this out.
I thought someone on here mentioned TTPMS wasn't available to order until Feb. Guess that's not true.

craiglud

Reaction score
I thought someone on here mentioned TTPMS wasn't available to order until Feb. Guess that's not true.

That is true. When I ordered my dealer thought it was included. It wasn't until I found this forum later and pushed them on it that we figured out in fact it was not. They gave me a chance to cancel my order but I decide to keep it going. I assumed at some point it would get resolved like this.

I just did my first tow yesterday. I used the tire minder setup. I got a false alert for a flat tire that I had to pul off highway to check on. I will be glad to get this installed and integrated as part of the onboard system.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
TIM shows to be out for delivery have the cable thanks to Phil too, will get installed today and then make an attempt to pair it with TireMinder sensors first. If not, then I will be using the Mopar Sensors I already received too. If it does work with the TireMinder ones then I will put other sensors into the boat, but will have to go get 2 more.
d49bfeb7392134d708618546cf15df96.jpg

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

Phil T

Reaction score
The 2020 web configuration now shows the TTPMS option on the Laramie 3500. Now the trailer camera is not showing. Wierd.TTPMS On Website.JPG

mlink

Reaction score
It's like they're out of space and don't have enough room to display all the options. Then RAM tells the coders which is the "option du jour" - which currently seems to be TTPMS. As people continue to order, some will end up wondering why they can't plug in their new Mopar aux camera.
I don't think the Aux Camera Wiring will come back as option du jour until the current camera is replaced by a higher quality unit. So I expect that option will be missing from the configurator for a while...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

That is true. When I ordered my dealer thought it was included. It wasn't until I found this forum later and pushed them on it that we figured out in fact it was not. They gave me a chance to cancel my order but I decide to keep it going. I assumed at some point it would get resolved like this.

I just did my first tow yesterday. I used the tire minder setup. I got a false alert for a flat tire that I had to pul off highway to check on. I will be glad to get this installed and integrated as part of the onboard system.

It's been well confirmed that TTPMS was available for order starting 2-5-2020.

Last edited:

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Got it all installed and sometime after I mow the yard, I’ll go test it against TireMinder
4590b6b7d295349f12927061c50e2b5d.jpg

sensors.
f6f927b37e41a7eaa61a872b666f163d.jpg

a3b85d1c1ffe9433f82dee8e7af5bb11.jpg

88246b9f1e2cffdfec6871f1743f388a.jpg

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

Last edited:

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Just tried to pair up with my TireMinder sensors too, it’s a no go. Glad I have the Mopar sensors already so will work on swapping them into the new tires sometime next week, but system is ready to go.

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

carlrx7

Reaction score
Just tried to pair up with my TireMinder sensors too, it’s a no go. Glad I have the Mopar sensors already so will work on swapping them into the new tires sometime next week, but system is ready to go.

I wonder if you make a small pressure vessel out of pvc and two valve stems. That way you could duplicate the pressure drop.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I wonder if you make a small pressure vessel out of pvc and two valve stems. That way you could duplicate the pressure drop.

I’m confused. Dont think that will work.

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

Users who are viewing this thread