Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I was not wrong in my plan to buy used and wait til later to get my new truck.

I really want the 6.4l and 8 speed trans though.

Did someone verify that this is not standard and doesnt just involve having a trailer with the sensors in the tires?

I hate not knowing the answer.

tazevil1

Reaction score
Here's the content from the owner's manual - page 227. It is not indicated as "If Equipped" as other items are.

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS)
The Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS) is a feature that will display the trailer tire pressure values and warn the driver of a low trailer tire pressure, based on the drivers set target tire pressure value, through the Instrument Cluster (IC). The TTPMS monitors the pressure of each tire and warns the driver, through the IC, when either a low tire pressure condition or a TPM sensor or system malfunction condition exists. The IC will display the actual tire pressure or dashes for each of the trailer tires in the correct trailer position, based on trailer configuration.
The TTPMS consist of the following components:
• Trailer Receiver Module
• Trailer Interface Module
• Two to twelve tire pressure monitoring sensors depending on trailer configuration
The TTPMS is configured through the trailer settings menu in the Uconnect system by selecting the desired trailer number (up to four trailers can be configured), the number of axles (1 - 3), the number of trailer tires (2, 4, 6, 8, or 12), and the set trailer tire pressure. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the content from the owner's manual - page 227. It is not indicated as "If Equipped" as other items are.

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS)
The Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS) is a feature that will display the trailer tire pressure values and warn the driver of a low trailer tire pressure, based on the drivers set target tire pressure value, through the Instrument Cluster (IC). The TTPMS monitors the pressure of each tire and warns the driver, through the IC, when either a low tire pressure condition or a TPM sensor or system malfunction condition exists. The IC will display the actual tire pressure or dashes for each of the trailer tires in the correct trailer position, based on trailer configuration.
The TTPMS consist of the following components:
• Trailer Receiver Module
• Trailer Interface Module
• Two to twelve tire pressure monitoring sensors depending on trailer configuration
The TTPMS is configured through the trailer settings menu in the Uconnect system by selecting the desired trailer number (up to four trailers can be configured), the number of axles (1 - 3), the number of trailer tires (2, 4, 6, 8, or 12), and the set trailer tire pressure. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.
This is my understanding that it is standard and included with the Uconnect and the drivers display.

The 12 pin/7 pin plug is the question now

Don-T

Reaction score
My truck is supposed to have the TIPMS as well as the trailer camera. It has neither one. As far as the rear bumper connections, it has a 4 pin and 7 pin connector. I went through all the menus as well and there is no sign of the pressure monitors or the camera.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
My truck is supposed to have the TIPMS as well as the trailer camera. It has neither one. As far as the rear bumper connections, it has a 4 pin and 7 pin connector. I went through all the menus as well and there is no sign of the pressure monitors or the camera.
I was afraid of that Don-T. Thx for letting us know.

regal2800

Reaction score
mine is the same way. i see no mention or setting for either the camera or the trailer tires....

ghaynes754

Reaction score
It could still be'bogus'. That truck, driven by top guys at RAM, may be a pre final test bed truck. So they could be talking about stuff that was pre-release. Others have mentioned it was in the order book until late January (?) and then removed. Order book/guide is the book of truth.

Send Jim Morrison, head of RAM Brand FCA North America and Rod Romain, chief engineer RAM heavy-duty an email or phone call since they are presenting the information.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It could still be'bogus'. That truck, driven by top guys at RAM, may be a pre final test bed truck. So they could be talking about stuff that was pre-release. Others have mentioned it was in the order book until late January (?) and then removed. Order book/guide is the book of truth.

Send Jim Morrison, head of RAM Brand FCA North America and Rod Romain, chief engineer RAM heavy-duty an email or phone call since they are presenting the information.
I am working with a member at 5thgenrams.com about this, and he seemed very excited in his last post. Waiting on confirmation to see what he uncovered.

regal2800

Reaction score

Do you have their email address?

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have either an email or phone number. You may be able to get it from your dealer or Ram zone manager. The video is from Randall Reilly which is an advertising company in Alabama. They also operate the underlying website hardworkingtruck.com. Based on the youtube date of Feb 21 the release date was before the order book change mentioned earlier of Feb 26th.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I showed the video just for the description of how to find the settings.

I do believe the 12/7 pin is on hold and the camera isnt available.

But, I can not imagine atleast the setup for TTPMS isnt in Uconnect...but this SEEMS to be the case.

The member at 5thgenrams.com hasnt replied yet, but his last post sure seemed promising.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
The member ordered TPMS , Ram Trailer Camera Vehicle Prep Kit and Camera. They said it should ship by 6/15/19 for his 3500.

Looks like this us our first debacle, but unlike the 1500s mirrors, this one may be resolved quickly

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
They are in this section in another thread. This is were I got the info to give him...but I will see if I can get him to give a list of what he did.

68433188AA part # for sensors.

orlando bull

Reaction score
They are in this section in another thread. This is were I got the info to give him...but I will see if I can get him to give a list of what he did.

View attachment 240

68433188AA part # for sensors.

I know you probably don't know, but, is there confirmation that these can be added?

Thanks for tracking down the info!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I know you probably don't know, but, is there confirmation that these can be added?

Thanks for tracking down the info!
No I do not know. The member over at 5th Gen seems pretty excited. Hopefully he drops in over here and can help us with his experience.

It is very discouraging they didn't learn from the 1500 debacles and make sure what they where advertising was ready...but suppliers sometimes aren't ready and/or the line isnt ready.

I can not find much info at all about 12pin/7pin setups. So, I wonder how they even decided this.

And the trailer pressure system...makes no sense at all to me how that is an issue.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
While not a deal breaker for me, it is something that would be immensely helpful in towing.
Guess I'll just have to set some change aside for when everything becomes available and we know it works...

Users who are viewing this thread