Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with the Power Wagon (Tradesman with Powerwagon Package)

MichiganPW

Reaction score
I have a 33' Bullet 287qbs that weighs in at about 6000lbs dry with about 750lbs tongue weight. I also have a Moomba boat that weight in at 4200lbs dry . For the camper i have a weight distribution hitch and if set up right it pulls it effortlessly. This truck can tow very well.
View attachment 8225View attachment 8226

What hitch set up are you using for the camper? When I try to set mine up the Tunion bars are to high and bind on the trailer frame. I have to use chain link 3 to get the hitch to bear any weight.
I believe my shank doesn't drop low enough for the height of the Ram.

fkcerney

Reaction score
What kind of hitch are you using? I have a Pro and it must not drop far enough. My chains have to be on link 3 (it’s recommended to be at 5)to take any weight off the truck and then they bind and the bar popped off.
This is my first time using a WDH with my new Ram PW, my past leaf springs GM HDs didn’t need the WDH.

I’ve watched how to vids on you tube with no luck. I’ve been towing for years but never with a WDH.

I feel like an idiot lol.

You and me both.
Find anything out??

kirk-35

Reaction score
What hitch set up are you using for the camper? When I try to set mine up the Tunion bars are to high and bind on the trailer frame. I have to use chain link 3 to get the hitch to bear any weight.
I believe my shank doesn't drop low enough for the height of the Ram.
I don't have a Power Wagon, but I use a Husky Centerline and had to have a 10" drop shank on my lifted 2011.
https://www.huskytow.com/weight-distribution-shank

Users who are viewing this thread