Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with leveling kit and air suspension

joesetum

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this? I’ve got a 3500 HO cclb SRW on order and was wondering what people thought about this or had experience with it. My current 1500 has the 4 corner air suspension but under tow load my truck sits level with help of the bags. Will the same thing happen with the rear air suspension or will they help the truck to maintain its rake? Just don’t want to level it out and have the truck sag under heavy towing load and be one of those trucks you see towing with headlights shooting up. I’ve never leveled a truck before and wonder if it would affect the steer axel negatively while towing being that there’s air bags. Thanks for any help or insight

rossagge

Reaction score
I don't have the factory air suspension. I use aftermarket bags and do it myself. My buddy's truck does and when he tows, the rear will raise back to the normal ride height. You will have a button for alternate ride height to lower it to hitch up and then it will automatically raise it back up to normal ride height or select normal ride height. You can always select whatever ride height you want that is available while towing. You won't be sagging in the rear nor have your headlights signaling aircraft once it goes back to normal ride height. It won't "level" your truck, but bring the rear back to the normal ride height. So, yes, the rake will be maintained.

Last edited:

joesetum

Reaction score
I don't have the factory air suspension. I use aftermarket bags and do it myself. My buddy's truck does and when he tows, the rear will raise back to the normal ride height. You will have a button for alternate ride height to lower it to hitch up and then it will automatically raise it back up to normal ride height or select normal ride height. You can always select whatever ride height you want that is available while towing. You won't be sagging in the rear nor have your headlights signaling aircraft once it goes back to normal ride height. It won't "level" your truck, but bring the rear back to the normal ride height. So, yes, the rake will be maintained.
Awesome, thank you for the info. Just wanted to understand better before making the decision to bring up the front or leave it alone

joesetum

Reaction score
Check this out.

Thanks, I did see another video that showed the 3500 not being able to move the bed because there wasn’t a load on it, gave an error message and seemed like you can’t drop the bed down on the 3500. Wonder if that’s cause of the different rear suspension between the 3/4 And 1 ton?

rossagge

Reaction score
Thanks, I did see another video that showed the 3500 not being able to move the bed because there wasn’t a load on it, gave an error message and seemed like you can’t drop the bed down on the 3500. Wonder if that’s cause of the different rear suspension between the 3/4 And 1 ton?
Could be. Maybe some 3500 owners will chime in.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread