Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing and Trim options

Brandon M

Reaction score
So I’m in the market for a new 2500 and deciding between the Laramie and the longhorn. I am wanting the 8.4” w/ Nav and towing tech option. On the Online configurator anytime you select towing tech in the longhorn trim it makes you upgrade to the 12” screen. Is it possible to get the longhorn trim and towing without the 12” screen?

D

Deleted member 80

Even though I want the 12" screen, I have noticed the same, but the configurator has been known to be buggy, so I'd check with a dealer.

Coldfingers

Reaction score
yes, check with a dealer. I was at one today as online it wouldn't let me order buckets on a larimie without getting a '"12" screen and the dealer did it.

Brandon M

Reaction score
I've been in contact with a couple dealers and it appears that you have to get the 12" screen on the Longhorn to get towing tech. The online build and price still has a few errors still. You can select 4.10 gears which are not available on the 2500 diesel. The dealers are also having an issue with selecting the safety group and the towing tech together.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been in contact with a couple dealers and it appears that you have to get the 12" screen on the Longhorn to get towing tech. The online build and price still has a few errors still. You can select 4.10 gears which are not available on the 2500 diesel. The dealers are also having an issue with selecting the safety group and the towing tech together.
The 5 bighorns at my local dealer all have tow tech group and all have 8.4 screen. I am sure this info doesn't help ordering a longhorn...but wanted to pass it along.

Users who are viewing this thread