Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topper, camper shell wiring

oldguysram

Reaction score
I had a topper/camper shell installed on my truck. They hooked the interior light in the topper to the white wire with the tan/brown stripe on the truck. This wire is one of the three wires located above the spare tire for a topper/camper shell. It worked for a while, but now there is no power to the light. I have traced it back past the topper and underneath the truck. There is no power to the wire coming off the truck chassis. This leads me to believe a fuse is blown on the truck, but I have no idea which fuse it is, and I cant seem to find a wiring diagram on line for the truck. Does anyone know which fuse in the fuse block powers this circuit. It is the white wire with the tan/brown stripe. Thanks much

oldguysram

Reaction score
SOLVED- So, after doing some more wire tracing, the wire i thought was white with brown stripe actually turned out to be white with purple,,,the stripe had faded. That is for the overhead brake light. Found another wire, white with brown stripe, that was the correct one. Turns out the butt connector the shell dealer installed rotted out and fell off. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread