Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure temporarliy Unavailable issue

dmhines

Reaction score
Got a new issue last night driving home. Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable which makes no sense since the pressures do show at startup and shutdown. Google searches show its been a somewhat common issue over the years with no documented resolution that I have seen .. except it goes away or happens sporadicly. Truck is stock with factory rims and tires - never touch them.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of weeks ago. Truck was doing an over the air update. Returned to normal when finished.

Last edited:

DooganDazs

Reaction score
I had this same problem for months and it took 4-5 tries for the dealer to figure it out. Mine was also on stock tires, rims, and sensors. They first tried replacing the TPMS RF hub that was behind the back seat. It was “fixed” for about 15 miles, but then the same error came up. After 3 more tries with them resetting the module, they finally decided to replace all 4 TPMS sensors in the tires. This fixed the issue for me. Of course one of the sensors went bad about 3 months later, but they replaced it under warranty also. This time though, it reported which tire had the issue.

The sad part about the whole experience is how the dealer initially wouldn’t admit that the problem was theirs or that they knew how to fix it. They blamed my aftermarket airbags with stainless steel air hoses, my dashcam, and even the thruway E-ZPass that they were all causing interference. I had to remove all of it to prove to them that it was their fault and that they needed to fix under warranty.

Good luck, hope things work out better for you!

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I saw that message a few times when the truck had TPMS. It never lasted long, would go away.

flatfish

Reaction score
Same message appears on my Ram periodically. Usually hangs around for a day then goes away. It happens with both the factory TPMS and aftermarket TPMS on my winter tires. There's probably not a fix for it. But I will ask about it when I have time to get the tailgate alignment checked out.

dmhines

Reaction score
FYI .. as most others reported .. after a few miles of driving today the problem cleared and all is back to normal. This is the first time I drove the truck since the issue occurred about 2 miles from my house.

Plum Crazy

Reaction score
Just picked up a 22 Ram 2500 Crew in December that has been sitting in the lot with 120 miles on the odo and the other day got the Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable, if you turned the truck off and restarted you could see all 4 tire pressures for maybe 10 seconds then went to the message Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable. After getting up on the highway it cleared itself and is now working. Just wonder what the issue could be?

Users who are viewing this thread