Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Help!

msierocki

Reaction score
Gone thru two sets of tires on my 2018 2500 Cummins first was the 20” OEMs Firestone now the 20” Michelins and don’t have 50K on the odometer; I have never towed significantly - have an 18 foot boat; live in rural area of Arkansas mostly two lane paved highway and leveled gravel roads for about 5 miles to home 50% two lane paved highway; 25% interstate; 25% sealed gravel road; I have adjusted my rear PSI down from the 80PSI to 60; Front to 65; two questions what tires do I need to get better mileage; what else to improve mileage on tires

WYnott

Reaction score
Rotate them regularly, I get crazy high mileage out of my tires but I rotate them every 5000 and really watch your inflation, high or low inflation on hot summer pavement really shortens life span

WYnott

Reaction score
I follow the door panel sticker numbers unless I have after market tires then I follow the makers recommendations and adjust as the temperature and load dictate.

Some tire/ truck combos just don't work out
Some days it's hard to even get toast to turn out right

Users who are viewing this thread