Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cummins-Powered 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Can Get Costly Real Quick!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

The Cummins-Powered 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Can Get Costly Real Quick!​

Ram's Newest Fully-Loaded Off-Roader Can Brush $100,000...​

1673275615307.png

If you are a Ram off-road pickup fan, 2023 looks to be a great year with the introduction of the new 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4. The 2500 Rebel expands the brand’s heavy-duty lineup and offers a unique and exceptional combination of off-road performance without sacrificing towing and payload capabilities, unlike the 2500 Power Wagon.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Dang I thought my truck was expensive when I bought it

sn_85

Reaction score
This package makes no sense. Payload is pathetic. They totally missed the mark and don't even compete with the Ford Tremor. Nuts.

I think the Rebel trim is a tough sell. The only reason to buy the Rebel is because it has the rear locker which is an option you can get on pretty much any Ford trim without needing an expensive package. The payload suffers quite a bit with the CTD and I think the Hemi is the way to go if you pick the Rebel. Still even with the Hemi I think it starts at $70k base whereas you can add on a rear locker to the lowest of Ford F250 trims at like $50k. That's a huge gap and the buy in to get a rear locker is quite steep IMO. I understand the Rebel is not meant to be a cheap package but at that price point I'm not sure its worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread