Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise-Gooseneck safety chain hooks

AJDANTE

Reaction score
Am I the only one that was surprised by the lack of safety chain hooks/loops built in to the bed of truck - having ordered the gooseneck prep package?
We knew that we'd need a ball, but didn't realize that we'd need to order this:

Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Kit - Mopar (82216057AC)​

I question the puck-mount safety chain hooks. Thoughts anyone? Tell me not to be concerned.....

AJDANTE

Reaction score
The reason I opted not to order that option.
I like the spring loaded loops the BW hitch has.
And the reversable ball.
And it was cheaper.
Other than that, I wouldn't be concerned.
Clearly we shoulda asked more questions. Likely would have done that as well. :)
I have a B&W in my F250 and love it! Just figured that factory-installed would be the way to go.
I'm sure it'll be ok. Just not what I'm used to.

rossagge

Reaction score
Nothing to be concerned with, just that is should've come with the package. I've had the B&W turn over on my prev 2500 6.4L. Didn't use it, but I thought it was a nice system. I wanted the factory on my latest 2500 and I bought the Curt ball and cleats, which is what the Mopar system is. Dealer had it in parts. Towed my 5er with it no issues. They lock in nice and secure. Easy to install, easy to remove.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I'll add to the B&W turnover. I've only had the chance to use mine a few times but it works great!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Am I the only one that was surprised by the lack of safety chain hooks/loops built in to the bed of truck - having ordered the gooseneck prep package?
We knew that we'd need a ball, but didn't realize that we'd need to order this:

Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Kit - Mopar (82216057AC)​

I question the puck-mount safety chain hooks. Thoughts anyone? Tell me not to be concerned.....
They come with the ball kit ,the factory system is much better than the b&w crap in the rust belt

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That must of been with the max tow 5th wheel package. The gooseneck prep only doesn't come with it.
I never said the prep came with it i said the ball kit comes with the hook mounts he would need to buy a ball kit to pull a GN trailer…

Users who are viewing this thread