Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sudden loss of power

SSnova72

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had my 2020 ram 3500 for a couple of months and have 4500kms (3000 miles) or so on it. The other day I noticed a loss of power. I haven’t had a diesel before, so I thought maybe it went into limp mode as it went under 25% DEF, but I replaced the DEF and it is still the same thing. I have an HO/Aisin in a tradesman. No engine codes or anything either. The boost gauge shows that there’s still boost pressure.... anyone had anything similar happen? The shifting feels all over the place, I’m assuming because it is confused with the lack of power and having to downshift where it otherwise wouldn’t... I’m nervous the dealership is just going to tell me it is all in my head

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi all, I have had my 2020 ram 3500 for a couple of months and have 4500kms (3000 miles) or so on it. The other day I noticed a loss of power. I haven’t had a diesel before, so I thought maybe it went into limp mode as it went under 25% DEF, but I replaced the DEF and it is still the same thing. I have an HO/Aisin in a tradesman. No engine codes or anything either. The boost gauge shows that there’s still boost pressure.... anyone had anything similar happen? The shifting feels all over the place, I’m assuming because it is confused with the lack of power and having to downshift where it otherwise wouldn’t... I’m nervous the dealership is just going to tell me it is all in my head
Id bring it in let them check it out could be a programing thing i have heard similar issues fixed with a flash

SSnova72

Reaction score
Just as I feared... It is all in my head, no code - no problem! I just really hope it is a bad tank of fuel :(

Users who are viewing this thread