Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stutter as if stalling

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
This last week my 2020 has been stuttering/shaking as if it were about to stall out when I brake moderately hard within the first few minutes of starting it up in the morning. Rest of the trip, other trips throughout the day - unable to replicate this. Morning temps here 55-60F and it's garage kept. Oil level good, and not time for me to change it yet. No brake pulsing or any other odd behavior at any other time throughout the day regardless of length of trip, speed, etc.

Any thoughts? It's under warranty but it's my daily driver and weekend fun machine so I thought I'd check here in case it is something potentially self-repairable or at least I could show up armed with a clue when taking it to the dealer.

jsalbre

Reaction score
This last week my 2020 has been stuttering/shaking as if it were about to stall out when I brake moderately hard within the first few minutes of starting it up in the morning. Rest of the trip, other trips throughout the day - unable to replicate this. Morning temps here 55-60F and it's garage kept. Oil level good, and not time for me to change it yet. No brake pulsing or any other odd behavior at any other time throughout the day regardless of length of trip, speed, etc.

Any thoughts? It's under warranty but it's my daily driver and weekend fun machine so I thought I'd check here in case it is something potentially self-repairable or at least I could show up armed with a clue when taking it to the dealer.

Funny you mention that. My 2023 6.4 has stalled completely on me twice. The second time was this evening. Both while braking hard, and with less than half a tank of fuel. I’m wondering if the hard breaking is somehow starving the pump.

Edit to add: My truck has been warm both times, not cold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread