Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering stabilizers and Carli 3.25 lifts

deanfx

Reaction score
So I figured I would post an update with my feedback. Here is the deal

Carli backcountry 3.25 lift, track bar, sway bar, add a pack, running 37x12.5x20 on 20x9 +20 offset

I ran this configuration with the stock stabilizer and the Tharen King.

With the stock - I never had any problems with the stock stabilize, put about 150 miles it with the setup above with no issues.

King - It makes the steering seem tighter/ firmer, at slow speeds it seems to push slightly to the right but not a lot. Not to the point it bothers me. At highway speeds I don’t notice any pushing at all.

Summery. I think I need to put more miles on the King but at this point my assessment is that had I not already bought the King I would be more then happy with the stock stabilizer.
Thanks for the follow up. My '23 has a bit of float feeling to it with 35" NIttos. I have been looking into a King/Thuren stabilizer but I am starting to think this is just the nature of the 35's I have and a stabilizer isn't going to fix a problem that is just a side effect.

Do you have any further thoughts since its been several months now?

Jqueen

Reaction score
How do you like the 37s? I am getting my Carli lift (3.25 backcountry with add a pack and Carli sway bar) and 37 s installed next week. I just finished a 2500 mile road trip on my stock 2023 3500 Limited and was very impressed with how smooth it road, night and day over my 2014 3500 Longhorn. I am hoping to keep the same ride quality.
I have that set up with over 10K. Very happy with the system and Carli.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up. My '23 has a bit of float feeling to it with 35" NIttos. I have been looking into a King/Thuren stabilizer but I am starting to think this is just the nature of the 35's I have and a stabilizer isn't going to fix a problem that is just a side effect.

Do you have any further thoughts since its been several months now?
That’s most likely either tire pressure or alignment. A steering stabilizer won’t help with any of that.

What pressure are you running, and have you had the alignment adjusted to Thuren specs? The factory alignment has unnecessary toe (solid axle vehicles shouldn’t have any toe) and it can cause wandering, which is exacerbated by overinflated tires, especially if they’re larger with more aggressive tread.

deanfx

Reaction score
That’s most likely either tire pressure or alignment. A steering stabilizer won’t help with any of that.

What pressure are you running, and have you had the alignment adjusted to Thuren specs? The factory alignment has unnecessary toe (solid axle vehicles shouldn’t have any toe) and it can cause wandering, which is exacerbated by overinflated tires, especially if they’re larger with more aggressive tread.
I do think its the Nitto hybrid tires pulling a bit. It's not much at all. The alignment is 100% thuren specs. I actually think it's okay because it pulls a bit in the right lane and bit to the left in the hammer lane.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I do think its the Nitto hybrid tires pulling a bit. It's not much at all. The alignment is 100% thuren specs. I actually think it's okay because it pulls a bit in the right lane and bit to the left in the hammer lane.
I ran my Carli lift and 37s with the stock stabilizer for a few weeks with no noticeable issues. Had I not already bought a King stabilizer I probably would have just left the stock one on.

Users who are viewing this thread