Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky sounds on startup normal? (Hemi)

SwampCat

Reaction score
I’m not too worried about it as it goes away when the truck warms up and it’s not too loud or intrusive. But I get a squeaky, kinda like a belt squeak but not near as loud, sound that lasts until the truck is fully warmed up. Zero issues otherwise. Just putting it out on here to see if anyone else has it or if it means anything.

whitexc

Reaction score
I’m not too worried about it as it goes away when the truck warms up and it’s not too loud or intrusive. But I get a squeaky, kinda like a belt squeak but not near as loud, sound that lasts until the truck is fully warmed up. Zero issues otherwise. Just putting it out on here to see if anyone else has it or if it means anything.

giphy.gif

Maybe not

SwampCat

Reaction score
Well some internet scouring shows it’s a very common phenomena. Mine doesn’t appear to be as bad as some folks describe (can still hear it going 80 down the highway, etc) and definitely quiets way down when the engine is warmed up, so I’m not too worried. I’ll see what the dealer says when I bring it in for the first oil change at 7500 miles.

Darkside

Reaction score
There is a whole thread on this, my conclusion is a timing advance until the engine gets warmed up….. on a side note, I personally wouldn’t wait until 7,500 miles before the first oil change, did my first at 1,000 miles but I know it’s not necessary, just wouldn’t wait to 7,500.

SwampCat

Reaction score
There is a whole thread on this, my conclusion is a timing advance until the engine gets warmed up….. on a side note, I personally wouldn’t wait until 7,500 miles before the first oil change, did my first at 1,000 miles but I know it’s not necessary, just wouldn’t wait to 7,500.
I agree that it’s a little bit of a stretch; I’ll see how lenient Ram is on doing the services a bit earlier. I have the “free service for 100k miles” plan for financing through Chrysler.

Nissan was VERY adamant that early service wasn’t necessary with my wife’s Maxima and that car is doing great lol.

Darkside

Reaction score
I agree that it’s a little bit of a stretch; I’ll see how lenient Ram is on doing the services a bit earlier. I have the “free service for 100k miles” plan for financing through Chrysler.

Nissan was VERY adamant that early service wasn’t necessary with my wife’s Maxima and that car is doing great lol.
If I remember correctly they offered me a similar service contract when I purchased my truck a few years ago, they had it figured for X amount of oil changes within X amount of time….. I didn’t go for it knowing I wouldn’t use all the changes in the allotted amount of time. I did my first change at 1,000 miles then it’s once a year after that, but I only average 2,800 miles a year on the truck.

SwampCat

Reaction score
If I remember correctly they offered me a similar service contract when I purchased my truck a few years ago, they had it figured for X amount of oil changes within X amount of time….. I didn’t go for it knowing I wouldn’t use all the changes in the allotted amount of time. I did my first change at 1,000 miles then it’s once a year after that, but I only average 2,800 miles a year on the truck.
Yeah, my truck is a daily driver and I drive almost 10 times that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread