Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaking Sound

PhishWagon

Reaction score
From the day I bought the truck I’ve noticed a squeaking sound on the driver side of the truck. At first I was convinced it was something rubbing behind the back seat but realized more recently that it’s coming from outside the truck. Possibly the rubber seal between the cab and bed? I hear it driving down the road regardless of surface. Ironically the sound went away during the recent freeze which I found odd. Anyone else have this issue? 22 powerwagon. I dont have a dealer close by and cant afford to be without a truck while they try to troubleshoot. Best solution thus far is to turn up the radio.

rjmlakota

Reaction score
I have a 2023 PW and noticed this "squeak" the other day. Mine sounds like it's coming from between the bed and cab. I'm thinking it's what @usernamechecksout said.. the rubber between the cab and bed. I'm not sure I want to remove it without knowing what it's actually there for. Time to start researching... lol

Dave01

Reaction score
It's the rubber seal between the bed and cab. Remove it and it will stop.
Yup, I agree. I had it too. I looked into what to use to lubricate the seal, didn't want to remove it because I figured it does something positive, never applied anything. Then when washing I made sure to clean it well, used some spray wax as best as I could get wax into the contact area (and I'm sure some on the seal as well), and it has gone away.

whitexc

Reaction score
Anyone hear the master cylinder/brake pedal make a slight squeak during application like in a drive through or at an ATM/bank? Mine has done it since new and I’ve come to expect it lol. When it stops I will
worry.

Sent from me

Sgtfiredog

Reaction score
I have a 23 Laramie 2500 that does the same thing. I thought it was the back seat and it seemed intermittent. The truck is getting some hail damage repaired now, but when I get it back I'll look for the rubber seal.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I had it too on my 23 PW. It was the rubber piece between the bed and cab. I took it off, trimmed it so it wouldn't touch and the sound has been gone ever since.

PhishWagon

Reaction score
I thought that seal might be the culprit. How did y’all remove it? None of my other trucks (tundra/Tacoma’s) ever had a rubber seal in between the cab and bed. Wonder what it’s for.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I thought that seal might be the culprit. How did y’all remove it? None of my other trucks (tundra/Tacoma’s) ever had a rubber seal in between the cab and bed. Wonder what it’s for.
Its just pressed over a thin piece of the bed metal. You should be able to push it out and then pull it off with no fasteners or tools. Not really sure what its there for. Never had a truck with something like that between the cab and bed.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
They are really good at trapping snow and ice between cab and bed. That’ll give you a whole new symphony! They will also rub the paint off the back of the cab and cause rust. First thing I do is rip that SOB off.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
They are really good at trapping snow and ice between cab and bed. That’ll give you a whole new symphony! They will also rub the paint off the back of the cab and cause rust. First thing I do is rip that SOB off.
Haha. My tonneau also does a great job of that. Makes it sound like I left a bag of loose rocks in the bed when it builds up.

Enve46

Reaction score
Wow! So glad I found this thread. I’ve been chasing this damn noise but it went away… after I washed the dirt/salt off!!! Makes sense, that rubber piece will be gone tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread