Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeak in cab

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a Squeak somewhere around the right side rear seat when I go over bumps. I don’t drive this truck much (wife’s truck), she says it’s been doing it since we got the truck new. I tried bouncing on the seat, banged on everything including the bass box and cannot duplicate it. There is nothing in the floor storage bins or under the seats. Any ideas on what it could be?

It’s a 2022 Laramie 3500 CTD with air suspension.

Thanks

Enve46

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a Squeak somewhere around the right side rear seat when I go over bumps. I don’t drive this truck much (wife’s truck), she says it’s been doing it since we got the truck new. I tried bouncing on the seat, banged on everything including the bass box and cannot duplicate it. There is nothing in the floor storage bins or under the seats. Any ideas on what it could be?

It’s a 2022 Laramie 3500 CTD with air suspension.

Thanks
Rubber seal between the cab and the bed. Chased mine for awhile and found a thread on here. Took it off and it’s been gone ever since

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Rubber seal between the cab and the bed. Chased mine for awhile and found a thread on here. Took it off and it’s been gone ever since
Thanks, I will Look for the thread and maybe remove my seal as well.

79 300

Reaction score
You might want to lube the door latches with some white grease, they can get dry and cause a squeak,

KneeDeep

Reaction score
You might want to lube the door latches with some white grease, they can get dry and cause a squeak,
Thanks, I do keep them lubed up on all my vehicles. I think @Enve46 pinpointed my issue. I found the thread that he was referring to and it sounds like my issue. I will start with removing the seals between the cab and the bed. I don’t like the thought of the seals wearing the paint off anyway. I have a new 2024 Laramie 2500 that should be in any day now, I’ll see if they made any changes to the seal design.

Enve46

Reaction score
Thanks, I do keep them lubed up on all my vehicles. I think @Enve46 pinpointed my issue. I found the thread that he was referring to and it sounds like my issue. I will start with removing the seals between the cab and the bed. I don’t like the thought of the seals wearing the paint off anyway. I have a new 2024 Laramie 2500 that should be in any day now, I’ll see if they made any changes to the seal design.
Let us know if it’s the culprit!

flan

Reaction score
A lot of camper guys use 303 protectant on slide seals, possibly spraying the bed seal with 303 will let it glide and not squeak?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Both of my seals rubbed on the cab, even after the dealership realigned the cab/bed. They were removed and I never noticed any more wind noise or fuel consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread