Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer/Odometer Calibration and Tuning

U

User_1648

@Marshfly - thanks Mate! I bought the bypass from KAODTECH and the ODBII MX module and, with the Alfaobd app, was able to seamlessly change the tire size. Took me all of 15 minutes. Now the real fun begins!

BamaStar

Reaction score
So when did dealers lose the ability to tweak the system for tire size? I know they were doing it for OBD 2nd & 3rd gens.
I called my dealer Friday and they said they could reprogram jeeps up to 44" and said they could reprogram Rams as well. He said Chrysler finally allowed them to do it in the software and they would be happy to for $180 USD! Makes me wonder now if the service advisor was on top of his game now?

jsalbre

Reaction score
For $180 just buy AlfaOBD, a bypass, and a cable and do it yourself.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I called my dealer Friday and they said they could reprogram jeeps up to 44" and said they could reprogram Rams as well. He said Chrysler finally allowed them to do it in the software and they would be happy to for $180 USD! Makes me wonder now if the service advisor was on top of his game now?
That's nuts. Back in the day, when there were good folk at the dealer, they'd do it for nuthin!

Users who are viewing this thread