Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam Posts?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Is it possible to limit spam threads by requiring some minimum post count (something small, say 5). The 4.5 general discussion forum took a hit this AM. Something like this helped on other forums I’ve been on. It won’t necessarily stop spam posts but it helps with the threads.

Spam posting could be limited by requiring some sort of mandatory timer between posts for a single user (no more than one post every 2 minutes or something).

OA

1FastHemi

Reaction score
When I don't understand the Language, I have no need to go there as I wouldn't understand it anyway... LOL... It might even be a hack or Virus to our systems and I don't even need problems like that.

I'm sure the Admin can take care of the Posts and Poster.

In the meantime, I just clicked on the IGNORE BUTTON and I no longer see that poster.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the admins/mods preference for reporting spam users and/or posts?

1. None (phone already blowing up)
  2. Report user profile (what I typically do)
  3. Report posts (see #1)

For anyone reading my comments, it's probably not necessary to actually view the post or reply to the spambot.

They're pretty easy to spot as they are using natural language AI bots to generate the post headers and body that's fairly easy to identify as spammy.

You can hover over the post and see the preview without going into the post.

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the admins/mods preference for reporting spam users and/or posts?

1. None (phone already blowing up)
  2. Report user profile (what I typically do)
  3. Report posts (see #1)

For anyone reading my comments, it's probably not necessary to actually view the post or reply to the spambot.

They're pretty easy to spot as they are using natural language AI bots to generate the post headers and body that's fairly easy to identify as spammy.

You can hover over the post and see the preview without going into the post.

Report user profile usually works well as the mods and myself should get an email instantly which allows for us to deal with it a lot quicker. Our anti spam during registration usually catches most accounts, unfortunately some do get through.

Users who are viewing this thread