Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what’s missing?

subic97

Reaction score
So new truck is coming next month, left Mexico about a week ago. Window sticker saying connected services delete credit? Hardware or they turn it off in the software? Dealer said first time they have seen this.

Attachments

• 6F024B1D-BD70-46C5-9F98-F2A36967991F.jpeg
    6F024B1D-BD70-46C5-9F98-F2A36967991F.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 48

Redfour5

Reaction score
So new truck is coming next month, left Mexico about a week ago. Window sticker saying connected services delete credit? Hardware or they turn it off in the software? Dealer said first time they have seen this.
In doing searches, I've seen quite a few with the $250 delete credit for "connected services" ranging from Trademan to Laramies... I was wondering what that is all about myself. What? No Sirius? No...what? and why?

I was forced to not get power fold mirrors with the convex mirror adjustment on a Laramie because there for awhile the ONLY had them on like LImiteds etc. They called it a Level D package that basically is the Level A package without the power fold mirrors and savings of just a few hundred bucks. You try to buy them after market, and you will be paying over 2K for them installed (infotainment)...if you can get them.

Then here about a month ago That level was gone and Level A was back with the mirrors on Laramies...

Interesting times...and crappy mirrors on mine when any other time they would have been standard on a Laramie.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
In doing searches, I've seen quite a few with the $250 delete credit for "connected services" ranging from Trademan to Laramies... I was wondering what that is all about myself. What? No Sirius? No...what? and why?

I was forced to not get power fold mirrors with the convex mirror adjustment on a Laramie because there for awhile the ONLY had them on like LImiteds etc. They called it a Level D package that basically is the Level A package without the power fold mirrors and savings of just a few hundred bucks. You try to buy them after market, and you will be paying over 2K for them installed (infotainment)...if you can get them.

Then here about a month ago That level was gone and Level A was back with the mirrors on Laramies...

Interesting times...and crappy mirrors on mine when any other time they would have been standard on a Laramie.
Its alot cheaper to get the mirrors your self and install them with AlfaObd software

OuterUB

Reaction score

OuterUB

Reaction score
Where from? Link?
Keep in mind that this list is feature specific. I only wanted black with heat etc .... If you want more mirror features (convex fold, cameras etc...) you have to find a vehicle that is the same trim level as yours, has those feature, get the VIN and then call the Mopar parts source I listed.

@H3LZSN1P3R is correct about AlfaObd ..... Despite all of this it IS definitely possible to do the swap yourself. I was just fortunate that my dealer swapped the parts and flashed the Sales Code for me as part of the delivery.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
I bet they aren’t doing connective services bc they aren’t working.

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
So, did anyone ever figure out what exactly it means? Having issues with my new 2022 and its also on my sticker.

Goose

Reaction score
So, did anyone ever figure out what exactly it means? Having issues with my new 2022 and its also on my sticker.
Got my new truck 2 days ago. Apparently the disconnected services is disabling UConnect services (no Ram connect app) to remote start from your phone. No 4G LTE Hotspot.

They did not clarify that before I bought the truck.

subic97

Reaction score
It’s the uconnect box that has cellular, wifi and the goods. so no cellular in cab wifi, sos/assist buttons and no over the air updates. Funny thing is when I first got the truck, it only had a Bluetooth signal. About 2 months later it started broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal labeled uconnect-33256.

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
It’s the uconnect box that has cellular, wifi and the goods. so no cellular in cab wifi, sos/assist buttons and no over the air updates. Funny thing is when I first got the truck, it only had a Bluetooth signal. About 2 months later it started broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal labeled uconnect-33256.
So did the services then start working? We're having am issue with the Bluetooth not disconnecting after turning the vehicle off and walking in the house even...its still connected to the truck. Also some power issues that cause the system to still operate when truck is off

subic97

Reaction score
So did the services then start working? We're having am issue with the Bluetooth not disconnecting after turning the vehicle off and walking in the house even...its still connected to the truck. Also some power issues that cause the system to still operate when truck is off
Nope no uconnect service. But my phone now connects via the WiFi instead of Bluetooth and the CarPlay works a lot better that way. On the website it always says no update available, but I contacted ram cares they said that there is a update but dealer will have to install it didn’t give me an option to put it on a memory stick and do it myself. Mine has glitches of loosing presets and satellite antenna errors, they said update is supposed to fix that.

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
Thank you for this info. I have an appointment in the morning again, last week when they had it there was no software update so maybe there is now.

subic97

Reaction score
Thank you for this info. I have an appointment in the morning again, last week when they had it there was no software update so maybe there is now.
That was weeks ago, they gave me the software version number and it’s newer than what mine is now and my truck was built in January. I
Have an appointment Monday to update it and have new fobs programmed I’ll see if it’s better afterwards. I’ll try to find the email that had the info for it, sounds like you may just have lazy service department or they just don’t wanna look in to it more.

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
That was weeks ago, they gave me the software version number and it’s newer than what mine is now and my truck was built in January. I
Have an appointment Monday to update it and have new fobs programmed I’ll see if it’s better afterwards. I’ll try to find the email that had the info for it, sounds like you may just have lazy service department or they just don’t wanna look in to it more.
Thank you for sharing. I Literally just bought this truck a week ago....as soon as the dealership took delivery of it.

Users who are viewing this thread