Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranties are aggravating

Lb30

Reaction score
I’ve only had my truck for 3 months transmission is having issues. It’s a 2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi, it threw a po838 code low line pressure in transmission. Been hearing a metal to metal and popping noise in it while lightly accelerating. I have an extended warranty with the truck but yet no ram dealer will accept the warranty that I have. So I guess I’m pretty much screwed to get it fixed.

flan

Reaction score
Is it a factory warranty?

Lb30

Reaction score
Is it a factory warranty?
No it’s a extended warranty through a company dealer wouldn’t offer a warranty but a 30 day one and it was bought from a ford dealer and they won’t do anything where it’s a dodge

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
No it’s a extended warranty through a company dealer wouldn’t offer a warranty but a 30 day one and it was bought from a ford dealer and they won’t do anything where it’s a dodge
Unfortunately you can’t blame the dealer. These 3rd party warranties pay low rates and half the time don’t approve or pay for all the work. Not worth their time or hassle. I’d cancel the warranty and move onto a warranty company like fidelity or all state. Or factory mopar.

Lb30

Reaction score
Unfortunately you can’t blame the dealer. These 3rd party warranties pay low rates and half the time don’t approve or pay for all the work. Not worth their time or hassle. I’d cancel the warranty and move onto a warranty company like fidelity or all state. Or factory mopar.
Well I tried to get a mopar factory warranty but they won’t cover it where it’s to late of a model

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Well I tried to get a mopar factory warranty but they won’t cover it where it’s to late of a model
Cancel your warranty Or get the work pre approved by the warranty company, pay out of pocket and get reimbursed by them. Many times that’s how they do it, or ask them for the name of an approved shop. To be honest, dealers suck half the time so if you can find a good Indy trans shop, that might be your ticket.

Lb30

Reaction score
Cancel your warranty Or get the work pre approved by the warranty company, pay out of pocket and get reimbursed by them. Many times that’s how they do it, or ask them for the name of an approved shop. To be honest, dealers suck half the time so if you can find a good Indy trans shop, that might be your ticket.
There’s only one shop that is willing to use the warranty company I have but it’s about a 2 hr drive away and it has to be diagnosed first and trying to find a way to have someone follow me out to that shop and drop it off and then find a way to and from work it’s just a big hassle right now and can’t afford to pay for repairs myself at this time

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
There’s only one shop that is willing to use the warranty company I have but it’s about a 2 hr drive away and it has to be diagnosed first and trying to find a way to have someone follow me out to that shop and drop it off and then find a way to and from work it’s just a big hassle right now and can’t afford to pay for repairs myself at this time

Sorry about the troubles- unfortunately these aftermarket warranty companies really suck except for a small few of them. Used car dealers peddle them since they are huge profits for their finance dept.

Lb30

Reaction score
Sorry about the troubles- unfortunately these aftermarket warranty companies really suck except for a small few of them. Used car dealers peddle them since they are huge profits for their finance dept.
Yea I’m pretty much screwed so I’m just waiting for the transmission to go completely out then be walking everywhere at this point it sucks but it’s life

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So you are fed up with ram dealers because they wont take your random warranty that that dont cover/ use? So you basically want RAM to do work for free?

If they don't deal with your warranty company you have to be the middle man you pay and then get reimbursed. Make sure you get the work approved by your warranty company first if you go that route.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yea I’m pretty much screwed so I’m just waiting for the transmission to go completely out then be walking everywhere at this point it sucks but it’s life
Or get it fixed out if pocket? Have you gotten a quote for any transmission shops or even from Ram?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Better yet- I don't like the victim mentality because we need to be the "best consumer possible" and nobody put a gun to anyones head. These dealers are notorious for high pressure sales, forcing warranties and add-ons so I do get that a lot of people are not financially savvy or have a hard time saying "NO". These things are why there is such a big push to crackdown on dealers for their predatory practices, even though I hate government intervention. People just need to be strong and say no, and walk away- stop buying from bad dealers and their practices will change..

Lb30

Reaction score
Or get it fixed out if pocket? Have you gotten a quote for any transmission shops or even from Ram?
Can’t afford to have it fixed out of pocket and diagnostics for it are outrageously priced right now especially after just making another payment on it and payed the useless warranty payment. But a estimated repair for it was around 15,000 if it’s the issue they think it is (over the phone)

Lb30

Reaction score
So you are fed up with ram dealers because they wont take your random warranty that that dont cover/ use? So you basically want RAM to do work for free?

If they don't deal with your warranty company you have to be the middle man you pay and then get reimbursed. Make sure you get the work approved by your warranty company first if you go that route.
Warranty company won’t reimburse if I did pay out of pocket if it’s more than what they are wanting to pay

Lb30

Reaction score

And I changed the title to the post so I’m not directing it toward the dealers my bad.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Can’t afford to have it fixed out of pocket and diagnostics for it are outrageously priced right now especially after just making another payment on it and payed the useless warranty payment. But a estimated repair for it was around 15,000 if it’s the issue they think it is (over the phone)
Thats insane you can buy a new trans for less!

Reiningqueen

Reaction score
I’ve only had my truck for 3 months transmission is having issues. It’s a 2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi, it threw a po838 code low line pressure in transmission. Been hearing a metal to metal and popping noise in it while lightly accelerating. I have an extended warranty with the truck but yet no ram dealer will accept the warranty that I have. So I guess I’m pretty much screwed to get it fixed.
Don't know who your warranty company is, but they should have a list of repair shops that accept the warranty.
If they don't file a complaint with consumer fraud, they can't sell you something you can't use, consumer protection etc
Depending on the state you live in they are sometimes called something else, but they do serve a purpose.

I have a high mileage Endurance warranty and have had no problems.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but remember you catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar.
It's amazing how answers change when you ask your rep how there day is etc.

If you're a senior,some states over 50 there are more protections.
Nissan sold m 76 year old Dad a 5 year warranty on a 3 year lease,a tire warranty, window warranty and all sorts of other garbage.
He had a flat he paid for and other regular warranty should have covered, but they charged him
He never mentioned any of it until,lease was up and he wanted another car.
They tried to double his payment for a smaller car.

I got involved.
All charges for warranties were refunded 3 years later just with a copy of letter to Connecticut Attorney Generals office,senior protection etc.
Never even mailed them but they knew they were in big trouble if I did.
It pays to ask questions when you know you are right, but have been wronged.
Good luck

Lb30

Reaction score
Don't know who your warranty company is, but they should have a list of repair shops that accept the warranty.
If they don't file a complaint with consumer fraud, they can't sell you something you can't use, consumer protection etc
Depending on the state you live in they are sometimes called something else, but they do serve a purpose.

I have a high mileage Endurance warranty and have had no problems.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but remember you catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar.
It's amazing how answers change when you ask your rep how there day is etc.

If you're a senior,some states over 50 there are more protections.
Nissan sold m 76 year old Dad a 5 year warranty on a 3 year lease,a tire warranty, window warranty and all sorts of other garbage.
He had a flat he paid for and other regular warranty should have covered, but they charged him
He never mentioned any of it until,lease was up and he wanted another car.
They tried to double his payment for a smaller car.

I got involved.
All charges for warranties were refunded 3 years later just with a copy of letter to Connecticut Attorney Generals office,senior protection etc.
Never even mailed them but they knew they were in big trouble if I did.
It pays to ask questions when you know you are right, but have been wronged.
Good luck
The warranty company said any shop in the area would take it to which clearly isn’t the case the shops kept saying they didn’t want to mess with that company so when I called the warranty company back they told me that they would call a few places and within 15 minutes he said there was only one shop they could find that was willing to take it but the shop is way out of my way to even get to and when I called that shop they said they were Leary on working with that warranty company

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The warranty company said any shop in the area would take it to which clearly isn’t the case the shops kept saying they didn’t want to mess with that company so when I called the warranty company back they told me that they would call a few places and within 15 minutes he said there was only one shop they could find that was willing to take it but the shop is way out of my way to even get to and when I called that shop they said they were Leary on working with that warranty company
That tells me everything i need to know about that company!

Users who are viewing this thread