Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM canceled my Travel Link/Traffic trial by accident and won't reinstate

Reaction score
So while tracking down an issue with my radio being corrupted, I had to cancel my subscription for the music portion. Even after explicitly stating I only wanted to cancel the music portion, I realized they canceled everything, including the 4 years I had left on Travel Link and Traffic. After getting the run around for an hour last night, I'm basically told we'll escalate but may not be able to reinstate it.

Has anyone else dealt with these idiots? I feel pretty scorned over their inability or refusal to fix their own mistake, even when I submitted the chat logs I had saved.

Warweasel

Reaction score
They did that to mine as well. I got them to at least give me a credit for what the remainder of my trial would have cost if I had to pay for it. The tech people in the Phillipines are really good at screwing it up.

darrellr

Reaction score
Have you called your dealer by chance? I would open a case with them. I had similar issues with my unit when they had to replace the factory radio. Dropped all of my Sirius account information that was tied to my old unit, and gave me the service that was previously registered with this unit (apparently a reconditioned radio out of a Ram 2500). Took forever to get it all sorted. I am not even certain it is properly sorted, but stuff that is supposed to work is for now.

g00fy

Reaction score
So while tracking down an issue with my radio being corrupted, I had to cancel my subscription for the music portion. Even after explicitly stating I only wanted to cancel the music portion, I realized they canceled everything, including the 4 years I had left on Travel Link and Traffic. After getting the run around for an hour last night, I'm basically told we'll escalate but may not be able to reinstate it.

Has anyone else dealt with these idiots? I feel pretty scorned over their inability or refusal to fix their own mistake, even when I submitted the chat logs I had saved.
I had something similar to this happen once. I had several years left on a promotional thing that came with a brand new Uconnect I retrofitted into my 2015, and I wasn't even calling to cancel anything, I was trying to get something fixed, and the person accidentally cancelled everything. Now what was crazy about this was the guy actually admitted he screwed up and cancelled everything and said he had to escalate me to get it fixed, then he transferred be back to the basic tier 1 support queue. From there all they did was deny they did anything wrong and say that I had no active subscription. It also just so happened that my call recorder at the time was acting up, and I figure no problem I was talking to them in my truck and my dashcam must've picked up the conversation... Nope a nasty downpour happened to roll through during the call so the dash cam didn't pick up any of the conversation.

Eventually I got to a "manager" that denied all wrong doing and hung up on me when I tried to push back.

My only advice to anyone calling SiriusXM about anything while you're still on your promotional term is TAKE A DATED PHOTO OF YOUR RADIO SCREEN THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH SUBSCRIPTION YOU HAVE LEFT. That'll be your only proof to use against them if they "Accidentally" delete your trial subscription, and even then since you're dealing with people on the other side of the planet, they still may not fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread