Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I have climate controls in my 8.4"?

herdbull

Reaction score
Finally got the parts and installed everything today to upgrade my 5" to an 8.4". Everything works as it should but shouldn't I have climate controls in the 8.4"? The manual knobs works but there's no controls in the touchscreen. Do I need to buy AlfaOBD and do some voodoo magic?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Finally got the parts and installed everything today to upgrade my 5" to an 8.4". Everything works as it should but shouldn't I have climate controls in the 8.4"? The manual knobs works but there's no controls in the touchscreen. Do I need to buy AlfaOBD and do some voodoo magic?
If you have the 3 knobs then you dont get in radio controls for climate

naplesbill

Reaction score

In order for automatic touch controls to work you will need a harness and AlfaOBD to make some changes to the BCM. There are threads about it.

You can use the manual radio bezel and have the touch controls on the screen still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread