Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shop/Office chairs like the Vyper Steel Max?

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new work chair for eons (my current one I got in 1988!!) I've bought so many that ended up breaking or returned. I was sooo hopeful about the Vyper chair. On paper it's literally everything I wanted in a chair - build like a tank, reasonable $$, no arms, no plastic, good wheels and a seat cushion that wasn't as wide as a love seat. Unfortunately, when I sat on it for too long it was extremely uncomfortable and caused pain. I'm sadly sending it back.

I'm a big guy - not to get too graphic, but I dont need a big and tall chair that has a seat the size of a bench - in fact, they look ridiculous to me and take up too much real estate in my slightly cramped work space. Plus good ones are north of $500 and spending that on crap plastic and mesh just seems silly (not opposed to spending money on something well built). I do, however, need something that will support my weight. I sit in this chair for long periods of time, so it needs to be comfortable. Anyone have a recommendation?

Ziggy

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new work chair for eons (my current one I got in 1988!!) I've bought so many that ended up breaking or returned. I was sooo hopeful about the Vyper chair. On paper it's literally everything I wanted in a chair - build like a tank, reasonable $$, no arms, no plastic, good wheels and a seat cushion that wasn't as wide as a love seat. Unfortunately, when I sat on it for too long it was extremely uncomfortable and caused pain. I'm sadly sending it back.

I'm a big guy - not to get too graphic, but I dont need a big and tall chair that has a seat the size of a bench - in fact, they look ridiculous to me and take up too much real estate in my slightly cramped work space. Plus good ones are north of $500 and spending that on crap plastic and mesh just seems silly (not opposed to spending money on something well built). I do, however, need something that will support my weight. I sit in this chair for long periods of time, so it needs to be comfortable. Anyone have a recommendation?
I own 2 of these chairs and bought one for my son who is 6ft 200+ Lbs. They are not cheap, but also not stupid expensive. Well built and comfortable, as well as very adjustable.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Whoa, this is doable! I've never had a chair w such a high back before, but I can't see that being a bad thing...
I also own one of the desks. Now that was stupid expensive, but it is very heavy and bulletproof. Excellent quality products and I think I get value for the cost.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
I also own one of the desks. Now that was stupid expensive, but it is very heavy and bulletproof. Excellent quality products and I think I get value for the cost.
They do look pretty cool...but dont get me started on my desk needs, lol! Mine was insanely expensive too and It is most certainly NOT bulletproof! Kinda like slightly better than Ikea.IMG_8049-X5.jpg

Ziggy

Reaction score
They do look pretty cool...but dont get me started on my desk needs, lol! Mine was insanely expensive too and It is most certainly NOT bulletproof! Kinda like slightly better than Ikea.View attachment 71011
OK, you have a **** ton more craziness going on at your desk than I do.

You definitely need a better chair. You can also order better casters with bigger wheels similar to what your chair has.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Lol, I saw the casters...they would be a must. Actually kind of glad they offer. The last chair I bought broke at the base when I added similar casters I got from amazon. They fit fine, I just think it was a different height and one eventually snapped right off. Plastic crap.

Users who are viewing this thread