Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting a Home location my GPS cannot find

Mark Halwa

Reaction score
I live in a small town, and when I enter my address it cannot find it. With the exception of finding my house the GPS works perfect and it has routed me to every other place I've entered into the Navigation system. Is there any way to set the Home location by parking in the driveway and pressing on the screen to record the current location as Home? I tried to enter GPS coordinates and it forces a format that isn't consistent with lat/long/degrees/minutes/seconds.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
It's been a while since I set mine, but when I did so, there was a Use Current Location option, because when I enter my address it shows about a block over from where we really live and I wanted it a bit closer.

But I also used GPS coordinates for my work location so that it would route me to the proper entrance. I just grabbed the coordinates from Google maps and plugged them in without issue.

I don't know if something in the software has changed for the 2021s, but if not, what you're describing should definitely work.

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
I would find an address close to your location or as best as then navigate from there. Additionally if you have an apple iphone you can go in to maps and report your address and they will set that address up on their maps.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I used to never input my home address just somewhere close by so I could get the approximate drive times. Google went and changed that and added my home address to the Android Auto..... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread