Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System (STPMS)

phatboy64

Reaction score
Nice job! It is like when you get your first pickup truck, you start finding lots of cool stuff you can do with it..

Shots

Reaction score
Ha ha, I hope not. I spent way more time/money than I should have on my 1st truck... and the 2nd, and 3rd, and so on. As the years have gone by though, I do less to them, but still can't seem to leave anything completely stock. But that 1st one? Oh man, I'd spend hours looking for things to do to/with it.
Good times. :)

Shots

Reaction score
Anyone know how to REMOVE the sgw bypass?
The instructions say to gently pull the connect while depressing the tab of the connector.
1713461591045.png
1713461576805.png

That photo doesn't make any sense. It looks like they're pressing from the female side, which is obviously plugged into the block.

Mine doesn't seem to be working now and I want to test the wires. If I plug the Vlinker into the OBDII directly, it immediately lights up. So either I've got a bad connection, or a short in one of the wires of the bypass. If I can take it out I can hit it with a multimeter to see where the problem is, but I can't get it out.
Any tips?

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Insert a Small Tip Screwdriver as shown and press down on the Tab. Pull when holding it down. It will come out. I shaved mine down so it can be removed without this process.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to REMOVE the sgw bypass?
The instructions say to gently pull the connect while depressing the tab of the connector.
View attachment 71918
View attachment 71917

That photo doesn't make any sense. It looks like they're pressing from the female side, which is obviously plugged into the block.

Mine doesn't seem to be working now and I want to test the wires. If I plug the Vlinker into the OBDII directly, it immediately lights up. So either I've got a bad connection, or a short in one of the wires of the bypass. If I can take it out I can hit it with a multimeter to see where the problem is, but I can't get it out.
Any tips?

That image is just the back side of the connector with no wires inserted into it.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Cut the little locking tabs off once you get them out. Makes removing them far easier.

Shots

Reaction score
Okay, that makes a little more sense. I'll see if I can figure it out with that.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Shots

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I was able to unplug them. I was trying to find a release tap on the outside of the plug, not in a position that sort of looked like it's inside the wire holes. You guys helped me make sense of what I was looking at on the stock phots.
I decided to add a better photo (that actually have wires attached) for anyone else trying to remove the plugs.

I have one of the plug with the barb filed down. Now the plug pulls out of the socket easy enough. It's still snug in there since I didn't remove the tap all together, but there's nothing "locking" it into place. Much better for temporary installs.

Attachments

• 20240426_120354.jpg
    20240426_120354.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240426_120333.jpg
    20240426_120333.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 2

Shots

Reaction score
Now the kicker. I tested the harness. I have good current through all the wires/plugs. Yet the VLink doesn't light up when it's plugged into the harness, but immediately lights up when plugged directly into the OBDII.
I must be missing something, so I'll have to revisit the instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread