Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen needs manually turned on

Jmonty

Reaction score
Not sure if it was from an update or not but for the last week(s) anytime I turn the truck on I have to manually turn on the screen by pushing the volume nob. I've searched the settings for some obvious setting to auto turn on the screen but not finding anything. Is this a setting or do I have a problem on my hands?

Jmonty

Reaction score
I tried a reset, no change. I also tried just using the menu and restarting through settings, the radio screen remains blank until I hit the power button.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
It's an option in the radio settings. I think it's under auto play.

There's 3 options for it off/on/last setting. You have yours to off. Change to on or last setting

Jmonty

Reaction score
Thats it! No idea how that got changed to off, I've never gone into any of the audio settings before. Also, what a dumb place to have the head unit on/off settings to be located!

IMG_1633.jpeg

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
I remember seeing it in there when I wanted to mess with the autoplay settings for my phone and thought it was an odd place to put that option. Glad it worked for you!

Users who are viewing this thread