Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rim offset question

Mr Otis

Reaction score
My truck is a 2019 2500 longbed cummins. I want to pick the front up 2.5” and run 285/75/18 tires on new rims. What offset rim will keep the tires from sticking out past the fender flares? I’m tired of slinging water and mud down the side of my truck and I hate mud flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnRider

Reaction score
Not sure what offsets are available on the wheels you are looking at but you are going to want a "+" offset for sure. I think stock is like a +56 or something like that? I ran +18 on a 18x9 wheel with 285/75-18 and they barely stuck out. I had small mud flaps and it still flung crap up, can't avoid it especially if running a aggressive tread pattern. Big mud flaps is about the only way to keep it away.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Keep in mind, width of the rim really matters when it comes to offset as well.

The closer you stay to stock the better chance you'll have of keeping them tucked in the wheel wells.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Most 9" wide aftermarket wheels offer a offset at *20mm or +18mm. Those are the wheels you will want to go with to keep as much tire under the fender as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread