Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

Please indicate which MAF your truck has and wether or not it has a Regeneration Frequency problem.

• I have AARFN and a regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • I have AARFN and NO regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I have ABMBV and a regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have ABMBV and NO regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Yea meant dpf

This is as high as it Gets then clears up
Your drive cycle is what keeps your DPF clean. You should get many trouble free miles with that type driving.
My drive cycle is not nearly as good as yours but I have gotten the 24 hour time based regens for the last 4 regens. I did tow my TT for 50 miles on the last one.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Your drive cycle is what keeps your DPF clean. You should get many trouble free miles with that type driving.
My drive cycle is not nearly as good as yours but I have gotten the 24 hour time based regens for the last 4 regens. I did tow my TT for 50 miles on the last one.

Yesterday i hit the 24 hour mark, went into regen for 12 miles then ended. Went from 20.5 mpg to 19.1 during the process. Before the 24 hour hit my dpf gauge read about 15% or so, but its back to 0. ill be putting another 1000 miles on the truck this week, so see how it goes :) This regen hit at the 1200 mile mark.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Yea meant dpf

This is as high as it Gets then clears up

With 87k miles, id imagine you don't have any regen issues if you've not yet noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Yesterday i hit the 24 hour mark, went into regen for 12 miles then ended. Went from 20.5 mpg to 19.1 during the process. Before the 24 hour hit my dpf gauge read about 15% or so, but its back to 0. ill be putting another 1000 miles on the truck this week, so see how it goes :) This regen hit at the 1200 mile mark.

Mine does the same. Ive only once seen the "keep driving" message in 3 years of owning my truck. Ive caught it actively regenning once on the way to work on the highway. My commute is 23 miles one way and the process was done long before I arrived at work.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Good to know not everyone is having issues. The more miles put on them each drive seems to be the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread