Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommended paint

F3arl3sslimited

Reaction score
I just bought a '22 2500 Limited and the original owner obviously had some 37x13.50 or larger tires. The tires made contact with the trailing arms and rubbed the paint off. The tires that are on there now, don't make contact. I want to paint the bare spot and was wondering if there was OEM paint for the underbody. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cc2f719e6fc247447645b21ec909721d.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

79 300

Reaction score
Personally I would use a semi gloss or satin black rustoleum.

flan

Reaction score
Agree, don’t go down a rabbit hole on this one. If you want to go crazy hit it with their dark grey primer first then the satin black. Prep with glass cleaner like windex or the foamy spray stuff. It will hold up just as good if not better than the oem.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Mastercoat seems to perform best. But there are acceptable options.

Despite the video, I've had good luck with the rattlecan rustoleum rust restorer and a topcoat of satin if you don't clean off the rust. On rear wheel area frame rails, the rust restorer is a great choice and no surface prep other than clean and oil free is really needed.

I see PF showed the Rustoleum 2X as also a good budget paint, which is essentially the primer+paint in one can.

F3arl3sslimited

Reaction score
Thanks I will do and i will post a photo of it afterwards.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread