Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

receiver sizes

raggdoll

Reaction score
Just picked up a 21 3500, and to my surprise the receiver is a different size. 2 1/2 inch verses my normal 2" receiver.

I found under the rear seat a sleeve to put in so I can use my 2" draw bar, but the receiver pin is too short.

If ordering one off amazon, what would the correct length be?

jbncccb

Reaction score
The 3/4 and 1 ton trucks come with the class V hitch rated for more weight, thus 2.5". Its worth buying a new 2.5" hitch vs using the adapter. The adapter will clank around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

raggdoll

Reaction score
OK, was just out at the truck and here is another question...

Why is the hitch pin hole size on the class V hitch itself a little smaller on one side than the other? IE: my existing hitch pin slides in the right hand side but doesn't fit through the left hand size as that hole is smaller?

jadmt

Reaction score
must be a mess up from the factory. Mine don't have that problem. I have use several different pins with no issues. Maybe it just has excessive paint in one side.

raggdoll

Reaction score
must be a mess up from the factory. Mine don't have that problem. I have use several different pins with no issues. Maybe it just has excessive paint in one side.
Thanks, that was it. I feel like a dork...

whitexc

Reaction score
Pet the sweaty....don't sweat the petty!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread