Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window gasket

RednBlack

Reaction score
I tried searching and didn't find anything... anyone have issues with the rear slider gasket rolling when they close the rear sliding window?

Mine will roll in the middle of the gasket and deform the gasket. I can "fix" it by putting a business card in between the two when closing and then pulling the card out.

It doesn't rain alot here, but don't want it to keep rolling on itself and causing an issue.

I'll try to get a picture to better explain what I'm seeing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

MrTaz

Reaction score
I tried searching and didn't find anything... anyone have issues with the rear slider gasket rolling when they close the rear sliding window?

Mine will roll in the middle of the gasket and deform the gasket. I can "fix" it by putting a business card in between the two when closing and then pulling the card out.

It doesn't rain alot here, but don't want it to keep rolling on itself and causing an issue.

I'll try to get a picture to better explain what I'm seeing.

Living in a dry environment and drying rubber can cause that. When I worked as a tech at a Ford dealer we used a window track lube that worked very well and stop the gasket from rolling on itself. The stuff was called Mini-Vent Window Lube. The part number is XL3Z-19G208-AA. I have been retired for a number of years so I'm not sure if it's still available There are photos of it below.

Attachments

• IMG_7469.JPG
    IMG_7469.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7470.JPG
    IMG_7470.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 17

RednBlack

Reaction score
Living in a dry environment and drying rubber can cause that. When I worked as a tech at a Ford dealer we used a window track lube that worked very well and stop the gasket from rolling on itself. The stuff was called Mini-Vent Window Lube. The part number is XL3Z-19G208-AA. I have been retired for a number of years so I'm not sure if it's still available There are photos of it below.
Interesting, I'll see what I can find. Thanks for the help!

DellaRed

Reaction score
Mine did this from brand new! Ticks me off! The dumb slider is unusable, as far as I'm concerned.

@RamCares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey there, @DellaRed ,

We really appreciate you giving us a tag! We'd like to hear more about this. If anyone needs assistance with this while your vehicle is being repaired, please send us a direct message!

Callie
Ram Cares

RednBlack

Reaction score
I had the local dealer service dept. Look at mine. They cleaned and lubed the gasket and so far it has worked much better. Not sure how long it will last.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I use 3-in-1 RV window and track dry lube, slides easy.

Users who are viewing this thread